PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield cd

MontagMOI
01-Feb-2008, 03:30 PM
Anyone remember the fuss over the Dawn 04 soundtrack cd and how it was partially released and withdrawn? I havent looked for it for a few years but i remember it selling for over $100 on eBay at one stage. Anyway, there is a very limited edition Cloverfield CD called 'Rob's Party Mix' which apparently was only handed out at a MySpace party in New York and was limited to only 300 - I just thought i would mention it in case any fans of the film wanted a copy. There is currently only one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robs-Party-Mix-CD-Cloverfield-Promo-Soundtrack-Rare_W0QQitemZ260207533308QQihZ016QQcategoryZ307QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

bassman
01-Feb-2008, 03:55 PM
How could a movie with no music have a soundtrack?:rockbrow:

MikePizzoff
01-Feb-2008, 05:22 PM
How could a movie with no music have a soundtrack?:rockbrow:

I haven't seen the movie but by the name of the CD I'd assume it's what they would have listened to at the party had a monster not ruined their evening.

MontagMOI
02-Feb-2008, 12:49 PM
The opening scene is set at a party and it is supposedly the cd that has been compiled by the host for the party (You hear the music playing in the background). It's not really a a soundtrack. It's just one of those gimmicky items that are used to promote the film like the Planet Terror syringe pen, The Death Proof car air freshener, 28 Weeks Later lighter etc.

EvilNed
02-Feb-2008, 01:06 PM
Cloverfield isn't a big enough cult hit for anyone to really want that CD tho, is it? I mean, I can make my own party CD right here. To suit my style!

MontagMOI
02-Feb-2008, 01:18 PM
Well i would have thought there are plenty of JJ Abrams fans that would be interested (the cds are selling for about $70 on average) - remember wherever there is a film there's a fanboy - and if you search current movie titles on eBay you will be surprised how much crap there is...Slusho cups anyone?

Danny
02-Feb-2008, 02:27 PM
Cloverfield isn't a big enough cult hit for anyone to really want that CD tho, is it? I mean, I can make my own party CD right here. To suit my style!

i think its just for people who are REALLY into those net meme type things myself.