PDA

View Full Version : A question to Brits, from a Brit, about Americans...

MinionZombie
02-Feb-2008, 06:44 PM
I was just wondering where my fellow Brits got the bulk of their daily American politics information from, or stuff that gave you an idea of how at least some of the populace feel about their day-to-day politics.

Obviously it's easy-as-pie to find out stuff about your own country's politics, but unless it's something major we don't hear a lot of stuff from America - certainly not the day-to-day.

My main sources would probably be Yahoo.com and The Daily Show with John Stewart.

Not necessarily the most in-depth, but easy and entertaining.

Mike70
02-Feb-2008, 06:51 PM
as an american, i am predicting an endless amount of entertainment out of this thread because i can't wait to hear where you get ideas about us from. so i think i will get comfortable - hell i might even subscribe to this thread for awhile:D:lol:

Chic Freak
02-Feb-2008, 08:28 PM
Brace yourself scipio ;)

I'd say that 99% of my extremely limited knowledge of American politics has come from reading up on President Kennedy's assasination, the Civil Rights movement, and watching Michael Moore movies :lol: So I'm probably a decade or four out of date on most issues.

Other than that I pretty much wait on Liam to forward on any interesting tidbits he comes across, as he spends a lot of time keeping up on the news all round the world.