PDA

View Full Version : a refuge for men forced into marriage...

Mike70
02-Feb-2008, 06:58 PM
file this one under news of the weird. i had to read this a few times to get my head wrapped around it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7223743.stm

Chic Freak
02-Feb-2008, 08:36 PM
I can't believe there aren't already men's refuges :stunned:

acealive1
02-Feb-2008, 09:04 PM
I can't believe there aren't already men's refuges :stunned:

oh,but there is

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e109/acealive1/married_with_children_no_ma_am_t.jpg

MinionZombie
03-Feb-2008, 11:04 AM
Reminds me of the episode of Top Gear when Johnny Vaughn and Denise Van Outen were the Stars in a Reasonably Priced Car and Vaughn was championing the TG world, saying they should just call it "Clarky's Stag World", where men could roam free and race cars whilst people shoot paintballs at you, and all the poles in the studio would have dancing girls on them - men roaming free! :lol:

I thought that was a superb idea. :)

Marie
03-Feb-2008, 02:57 PM
So let me see if I got this straight... they force their kids into arranged marrages.... kill their daughters if they date someone who Daddy dosen't approve of... DRUG and transport people across borders for the purposes of forced marrages...and they're trying to tell us they're just like the people next door?:eek:

And don't forget the bombing stuff too....:mad:

M_

acealive1
03-Feb-2008, 06:57 PM
So let me see if I got this straight... they force their kids into arranged marrages.... kill their daughters if they date someone who Daddy dosen't approve of... DRUG and transport people across borders for the purposes of forced marrages...and they're trying to tell us they're just like the people next door?:eek:

And don't forget the bombing stuff too....:mad:

M_

and they come over here and are more accepted than black people. there are parents who'd rather have their daughter bring home one of them instead of me. see how shallow people are about skin color?

Chic Freak
04-Feb-2008, 01:52 PM
Yep, people are @ssholes the world over, they're just @ssholes about different things.