PDA

View Full Version : suicides in the US army set to hit record high...

Mike70
02-Feb-2008, 09:31 PM
not very surprising considering what has been going on in the last few years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7221775.stm

kortick
02-Feb-2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah I read about that.

it was on the front page of the newspaper here

not the same article but theone that was in
the washington post.

hey, war what is it good for?

acealive1
02-Feb-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah I read about that.

it was on the front page of the newspaper here

not the same article but theone that was in
the washington post.

hey, war what is it good for?

absolutely NUH-THIN!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Legion2213
03-Feb-2008, 02:38 AM
suicides in the US army set to hit record high...

Since records began, in 1980

Perspective.

Typical misleading anti-American BBC crap.

Mike70
03-Feb-2008, 03:08 AM

Perspective.

well i never read american news sources anymore and 1980 is stil awhile ago...

Legion2213
03-Feb-2008, 03:17 AM
well i never read american news sources anymore and 1980 is stil awhile ago...

I bet they were higher after Vietnam. Possibly after Korea and WWII as well.

You need to understand that the BBC hates America, they also hate Britain.

They are Pro-EU, Pro-Liberal, Pro-Immigration, Pro-Muslim and Pro-Multi-Culturism.

This is not the corparation that aided the allies in WWII anymore...they certainly don't represent me.

Mike70
03-Feb-2008, 03:24 AM

They are Pro-EU, Pro-Liberal, Pro-Immigration, Pro-Muslim and Pro-Multi-Culturism.

This is not the corparation that aided the allies in WWII anymore...they certainly don't represent me.

if they are pro-muslim, pro-immigration and pro-EU you have just inspired me to never read anything they print again. i usually read the americas section on there and nothing much else and to be bluntly honest i don't really pay that much attention to the news at all. i pay far more attention to science/ space news and sites devoted to such news than i do to other forms of news.

the liberal thing probably means something a bit different over here than it might in the UK. i would fooking rather die than agree with most of the conservative trash (and trash is just what they are) that inhabits north america. i see things from a whole different perspective and besides most conservative causes in this country (the US not the isle of man hehehehe) are so wrapped up in sucking the anus of rightwing religious groups that it makes me sick - the people who want to rail about gay marriage and abortion and other such crap - the whole while they are fooking their sisters in a trailer park somewhere....

EvilNed
03-Feb-2008, 10:37 AM
I don't see what's so Anti-American about reporting this. Better to report it than to ignore it. I remember in the beginning of the Iraqi war when the US army ****ed up bigtime and targeted private residences with a missile. Only civilians died, about 40 or so. BBC was the first to report it. It took more than a day for american sources to report it. What the **** is so anti-american about that?

It's anti-WAR, for **** sake. War sucks. War is hell. War shouldn't exist. And countries who willingly indulge in war deserve to get the journalism treatment. End of story.

Tricky
03-Feb-2008, 12:03 PM
The BBC are very biased,and very cosy bedmates with the government & the loony lefts agendas.One thing that annoys me the most is every time they show a supposedly typical english classroom or street,they always seem to pick one with no english people there,they only ever show muslims!certain city centres may be like that,but it certainly isnt representative of the entire country!

SRP76
03-Feb-2008, 12:04 PM
Suicide rates are up for non-military people, as well. So, what exactly is the so-called point of this article?

Khardis
03-Feb-2008, 02:27 PM

So BBC basically = NY Times. Its disgusting.

p2501
06-Feb-2008, 02:35 AM
sorry those numbers are way, way to low.

I've spent enough years witnessing and fighting with the VA's care system to know that it's a zero sum game if you need treatment for anything other than a stubbed to. their "angry immigrant doctor of the month" combined with their half human half fungus case managers, subjugate patients into self medication and all of it's impeding outcomes.

but yeah those numbers seem low. i can't count on one hand the number of my fathers friends that just vanished over the years.

ZombiePrototype
08-Feb-2008, 11:54 PM
There are two things that would help reduce the number of suicides and they are: 1. We need to make sure that the soldiers get all the help that they could possibly need. 2. We need to get rid of the stigma in the military that if you get counseling you are not a man. I really think that whether you support the wars or not you definitely need to support the troops that are defending the country and your right to do whatever you want to do.

Dtothe3
11-Feb-2008, 08:52 PM

Perspective.

The BBC are very biased,and very cosy bedmates with the government & the loony lefts agendas.One thing that annoys me the most is every time they show a supposedly typical english classroom or street,they always seem to pick one with no english people there,they only ever show muslims!certain city centres may be like that,but it certainly isnt representative of the entire country!

Nice opinionated argument you have there. The BBC have ****ed over the government by revealing facts and figures that are BURIED in legislative text and bringing them to the forefront, even to the point that the government debated reducing the amount of funding the BBC get from the government.

They're no-where near as unbalanced as is being suggested with these quotes. If anything they try to show the flip side of the coin, where ever possible, to avoid this bias stigma. Look where it gets them :dead:

(I would bring up facts and figures to back this up, but it's late, and quite frankly, I don't think it would get anywhere with the kind of opinionated text I see here;

"The BBC are very biased,and very cosy bedmates with the government & the loony lefts agendas.")

ZombiePrototype
12-Feb-2008, 02:19 AM
Nice opinionated argument you have there. The BBC have ****ed over the government by revealing facts and figures that are BURIED in legislative text and bringing them to the forefront, even to the point that the government debated reducing the amount of funding the BBC get from the government.

They're no-where near as unbalanced as is being suggested with these quotes. If anything they try to show the flip side of the coin, where ever possible, to avoid this bias stigma. Look where it gets them :dead:

(I would bring up facts and figures to back this up, but it's late, and quite frankly, I don't think it would get anywhere with the kind of opinionated text I see here;

"The BBC are very biased,and very cosy bedmates with the government & the loony lefts agendas.")
I don't really know what the BBC is like so I can't comment on that but what I think is that any type of media, newspaper/tv news broadcast/radio news broadcast/magazine/internet news site, that claims to tell the news then they should stick to telling the news and leave their opinions no matter what they may me to editorial/opinion pages, blogs, or in whatever other form they choose as long that it is kept seperate from the news.