PDA

View Full Version : Venom to get his own movie?

Neil
04-Feb-2008, 09:08 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Spider-Man-Spinoff-With-Venom-Happening-7693.html

MinionZombie
04-Feb-2008, 10:20 AM
I wasn't entirely convinced by Grace to be honest, he wasn't sh*te, but I wasn't totally convinced.

Still though, hopefully this should be good as long as they follow the vibe of the production of the Raimi Spider-Man films.

bassman
04-Feb-2008, 03:18 PM
I really know nothing about the character, but he was horribly under developed in Spiderman 3. Hell....just about every character was underdeveloped in that film. What the hell happed to Raimi? Spiderman 2 was so good.

ProfessorChaos
04-Feb-2008, 04:10 PM
I really know nothing about the character, but he was horribly under developed in Spiderman 3. Hell....just about every character was underdeveloped in that film. What the hell happed to Raimi? Spiderman 2 was so good.

No kidding. I used to be such a Spider-Man dork, and was beyond pumped about the third film. A recent third viewing of SM3 left me feeling pretty bitter about the way it turned out....along with a jaded feeling about the whole trilogy. I've still not even picked up the dvd for SM3 yet, and I doubt I will, unless it's in the price range of 10 bucks.

As for the Venom movie, it could be a great idea...as long as Sam Raimi isn't anwhere in sight....:shifty:

MinionZombie
04-Feb-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't 'get' the Raimi bashing over SM3.

I mean yes, he bit of too much for one film. But I don't consider it a total mess. It's under-developed, but you still understand what's going on. So if you want to find out more - get your ass some comic books. If not, you still know enough to understand it.

It's probably the least of the three movies, but the most technically superior...and Bruce Campbell is f*cking awesome in it. :cool:

I actually rather liked SM3, in fact I dug them all a lot, got all the DVDs on them.

Can anyone tell me though, if the commentary for SM3 is any good? The commentary for SM1 was complete and utter gash-covered-in-piss-flavoured-sh*te. :lol:

fartpants
04-Feb-2008, 07:33 PM
i think venom is the best spider-man baddie ever and spiderman 3 never did the character any justice...bring it on...

Rottedfreak
04-Feb-2008, 09:07 PM
Fans wanted venom in but the writers knew flip all and from the little they gathered, all they saw was to do yet another leaping screechy alien thing that pounces at the camera and bellows revealing teeth.
They didnt even give his origin justice, just had a meteor land near Parker and then used it's darkness for comedy.
There was a very logical plot there, Harry wanted to destroy Spiderman, he could have developed or discovered the symbiote and it's nature and had it ready to bond with Parker should his initial attempt to kill him fail.

Danny
04-Feb-2008, 09:55 PM
I don't 'get' the Raimi bashing over SM3.

I mean yes, he bit of too much for one film. But I don't consider it a total mess. It's under-developed, but you still understand what's going on. So if you want to find out more - get your ass some comic books. If not, you still know enough to understand it.

It's probably the least of the three movies, but the most technically superior...and Bruce Campbell is f*cking awesome in it. :cool:

I actually rather liked SM3, in fact I dug them all a lot, got all the DVDs on them.

Can anyone tell me though, if the commentary for SM3 is any good? The commentary for SM1 was complete and utter gash-covered-in-piss-flavoured-sh*te. :lol:

i agree spidey 3 was a good movie, venom sucke dbut that movie was great, that scene were flint marko first reforms himself from sand was a beatiful piece of cinema by itself.:)

Andy
04-Feb-2008, 10:54 PM
I Think their mistake with spiderman 3 was using venom to advertise it so much, really hyped his presence up, then when you went to see it he has hardly in it.

ProfessorChaos
05-Feb-2008, 04:14 AM
i gotta agree with the consensus that they wasted a good villain by only including him for like ten minutes of screen-time, not doing his origin justice, and making light of the symbiote and its effect on peter.

plus, the new goblin was ghay....harry looked more like a snow-boarder than a goblin.

still a decent flick, but such a let-down compared to what it should have been.

DeadJonas190
05-Feb-2008, 05:49 AM
I hope it is a good movie. I really like Venom as a character.

Did you guys know that in the comics Eddie Brock is dead now? He died from cancer caused by the symbiote and now Max Gargon aka The Scorpion has the symbiote.

ProfessorChaos
05-Feb-2008, 06:31 AM
i quit paying attention to spider-man comics around the time of the clone saga.

i really wish they'd one day release a great spider-man game with all the characters, plots, etc from the classic comics, not just another crappy movie tie-in.:(

Rottedfreak
05-Feb-2008, 08:10 AM
i really wish they'd one day release a great spider-man game with all the characters, plots, etc from the classic comics, not just another crappy movie tie-in.:(

Hows abouts a Spiderman game with:
- A distinctive visual style based on Todd McFarlanes art (like how Ultimate Spiderman game was based on Mark Bagley)
- Alot of random crime and city events such as people hanging from rooftops, robberies, gang wars, industrial accidents ect.
- Free roam of all five boroughs of New York City complete with hospitals, churches, basket ball courts and alot of detail.
- Cameos from Spidermans allies and other Marvel universe characters
- Extra costumes/skins - black suit spiderman, movie spiderman, amazing bag man, cosmic spiderman, ricochet, zombie spiderman ect.
- 'Villian events' - similar to USM City Events only this time featuring battles with small time super villians such as Kangeroo, Shocker and so the rest.
- A experience point system where you level up by beating up gangs or completing tasks to gain strength, learn new moves ect.

MinionZombie
05-Feb-2008, 10:09 AM
No wonder he looked like a snow boarder, that's how they designed him specifically. :p

Indeed, too much advertising was centered around Venom, if anything it should have been around all three bad guys and Spidey, which would have been more accurate.

Flint Marko was really good in the flick though, the scene you mentioned hellsing was indeed a good one, it was technically wow but also packed an emotional punch.

bassman
05-Feb-2008, 01:07 PM
No wonder he looked like a snow boarder, that's how they designed him specifically. :p

Indeed, too much advertising was centered around Venom, if anything it should have been around all three bad guys and Spidey, which would have been more accurate.

Flint Marko was really good in the flick though, the scene you mentioned hellsing was indeed a good one, it was technically wow but also packed an emotional punch.

I seem to remember all the marketing focused on Spiderman in the Symbiote suit rather than Eddie Brock's Venom. The emo Spidey, if you will.

All-in-all the film wasn't THAT bad. It entertains, but is a far cry from the second film, which I feel is probably one of the best superhero flicks of all time. And I don't really like Spiderman that much....

MinionZombie
05-Feb-2008, 05:27 PM
Ah yeah true, it's emo Spidey technically ... but I guess it always ends up leaving the impression of Venom, rather than being technically accurate...if that makes sense.

AcesandEights
05-Feb-2008, 11:05 PM
Venom = Worst Marvel Villain Ever!

I'd rather see a Stiltman or Paste Pot Pete movie. :rolleyes:

p2501
06-Feb-2008, 02:16 AM
ugh. Spiderman three was just utterly horrible. so my interest in this rates just below my curiosity in the possibility to a sequel to Bio-Dome....

Grace was fine as Brock. but in reality it was a fan service entry into the series and one that really made no damn sense. so yeah.. meh