PDA

View Full Version : What's in the news...

rightwing401
05-Feb-2008, 02:24 PM
Because I work in a newspaper, I've generally kept close tabs on things happening lately. Last weekend, for kicks, I decided to subject myself to a hour of news watching, moderating between cnn and fox.
Now what were the big things that two of the largest cable networks in world covering.
The recent flair up of political and ethnic clashes in Kenya that cause the deaths of hundreds. The fact that rebles in Chad stormed into the capital and fought a pitched battle with the government, with new rounds of fighting ready to flare up in a moment. Or maybe even stuff closer to the american homeland, such as the sob that shot dead four women in a shopping center.
Nope, the only thing any of them had to talk about was the upcoming elections, developments in the halloway case, and the super bowl.
I guess bothering to search for or report real news just isn't that big of a deal to those people anymore.
Keep in mind, this is neither a rant nor a complaint, just an observation.

SRP76
05-Feb-2008, 02:42 PM
It's not hard to figure out. Most news is about the race to install our new national figurehead. That affects us (to a huge extent, in fact). A bunch of Africans shooting each other does not. Those things are important to those people, and I'm sure the news programs local to that region have it covered.

Mike70
05-Feb-2008, 02:46 PM
that is why i usually look for news online at the AP or reuters sites. sometimes the CBC. i never watch news on tv anymore.

bassman
05-Feb-2008, 02:52 PM
Get news from Fark.com. Funny stuff.:sneaky:

p2501
06-Feb-2008, 02:31 AM
HPOTD needs a Florida tag.....