PDA

View Full Version : help,please. dvd issues

acealive1
06-Feb-2008, 10:07 PM
ok i'll try to explain this the best i can. i have a surround sound dvd system where the tray doesnt work and it wont read discs, and i also have another separate dvd player in which i was able to generate sound from the surround sound system while not playing a dvd in that unit. is there a way to get video through this? im sure im over looking something but any help would do. thank you in advance

SymphonicX
08-Feb-2008, 09:48 AM
It sounds like you need to run your audio cables (optical?) into the back of your dud surround system (input channel - AUDIO IN), directly from the back of your working DVD player, whilst running the video cable directly into your TV. Then set your surround sound system to play the INPUT device (usually Aux channel or something) and hit play on the working DVD player - the sound should come out, providing your monitoring the right mode and not the usual DVD mode that you'd be using to watch a DVD if your DVD surround system actually worked....might be a frame or so delay on this however!!

However getting the video to go through the dud DVD player is a bit hard, depends on what inputs you have on the back of your surround sound, if there's no "Video IN" then you've got no chance!

Make sense?

Skippy911sc
08-Feb-2008, 04:30 PM
It would help to know the model of players you are using...also some mention of the inputs/outputs on both devices. I assume the the surround sound device is also the first dvd player...aka...all-in-one system...is this correct?

acealive1
08-Feb-2008, 04:35 PM
It would help to know the model of players you are using...also some mention of the inputs/outputs on both devices. I assume the the surround sound device is also the first dvd player...aka...all-in-one system...is this correct?

sanyo is the working dvd player, panasonic is the surround sound system. i have audio and video jacks on the back of both units as well as the tv

SymphonicX
08-Feb-2008, 04:41 PM
sanyo is the working dvd player, panasonic is the surround sound system. i have audio and video jacks on the back of both units as well as the tv

need make and model of both units!!!!

acealive1
08-Feb-2008, 05:00 PM
need make and model of both units!!!!

be more specific next time and dont do the whole yelling thing

panasonic SA - HT95

sanyo DWM-450

SymphonicX
08-Feb-2008, 05:22 PM
be more specific next time and dont do the whole yelling thing

panasonic SA - HT95

sanyo DWM-450

aww don't take it personally, i'm just desperate to help you out :)

Right well there's no "VIDEO IN" to your surround sound so the best way to do this is the way I said before which negates a VIDEO IN input anyway:

Audio OUT from Sanyo to AUDIO IN (auxilarly channel) on Panasonic
Video OUT from Sanyo to VIDEO IN on TV

Panasonic set to AUXILARY.

Now the problem with this is that you'll at best be decoding a PRO LOGIC mix from your DVDs, if you like ****ty pro-logic then that's cool but if you were to go (like me) via DTS 5.1 then you'd need to use an optical cable - it seems as though your panasonic only has an optical OUT rather than an input however, so its not possible....