PDA

View Full Version : Turok, arsebrigade hunter.

p2501
07-Feb-2008, 02:47 PM
In short it's almost as bad as Killzone. which still stands as the pinnacle of ****e gaming, and the only game i've ever bought and returned in the same day...

anywho, Turok like 2/3rds of the FPS market is chasing the Dirty Dozen-dragon. the basic "reinvention" is now your in the future, and you and your dilapidated team of Growth hormone enhanced SPECoperators are crash landed on a planet full of dinosaurs. Oh but that's not all. you see there's a BACK STORY. And it's at this point where the makers switch from ripping off the DD to then ripping off Gears of War (which as an aside, the character design alone constitutes some form of intellectual property theft from the makers of GOW ).

Turok you see was involved in some manner of ubiquitous operation which of course went sideway, everyone was betrayed, small children were killed and a batch of cupcakes was over cooked. as a result Turok is now a muscle bound Faux-hawk sporting master chief wannabe. but an emo one at that, Because really, what's the point of being part of a covert operational unit if you can't have a complimentary wheel barrow full of angst. to go with all that TAC armor?

so yeah, after 5 hours of game play i'm aborting this one and cashing it in. the gun play is at best pathetic. there is no real aiming system, your best hope is the spray and lead your targets. Damage reception is capricious, sometimes a stray round will just zip on through you and do nothing other times it wipes out your zip code. also admittedly i'm not finishing this game, but the variations within the available enemies i ran into was basically non exsistant, which is truly disappointing. If your going to go through the execution of making Dinosaurs your predominate foe then throw some cool ones in there.

but i think right there is the core issue with Turok, it's another limp genitaled attempt to **** out yet another mindless Arr Pee Gee. one that only shines because it's just that much worse than anything out there right now. Hell at least Time shift was fun.

Danny
07-Feb-2008, 02:56 PM
ITS TUROK.

i have no ide why this sold any copies, this series has been nothing but **** since what?, '96?. he wakes up at the start in full gewar with ammo belts but no guns for said bullets for one exmaple of the crappyness.
it should have stayed dead.

slickwilly13
07-Feb-2008, 05:23 PM
That's why its a renter. I had no problem with the demo. But I would choose DMC4 for over Turok any day. My next game for purchase is Dynasty Warriors 6 for PS3.

capncnut
07-Feb-2008, 11:38 PM
i have no ide why this sold any copies, this series has been nothing but **** since what?, '96?.
I completely agree but there does seem to be a strong little fanbase for Turok. F**k knows why though.

Craig
08-Feb-2008, 09:57 AM
I've never really played any of the Turok games, but it struck as the sort of game that would've been good as a sprawling RPG/FPS sort of game.

SymphonicX
08-Feb-2008, 10:05 AM
As is always the case, the demo is good....

Mind you I've never played the full game...still never liked turok even when all the nintendo fan boys lapped it up on the n64 or whatever it was....awful.

fartpants
10-Feb-2008, 07:28 PM
i kinda liked Killzone...

Tricky
10-Feb-2008, 08:05 PM
I always wanted to play the first turok back in the day,as at the time the graphics looked awesome compared to anything else! (though i do remember the distance fog was carpenter-esque)
Wont be giving this one a go though!

Kaos
10-Feb-2008, 08:21 PM
I played the demo on my PS3 and the graphics looked generation before last. Hideous.

Danny
10-Feb-2008, 08:46 PM
I played the demo on my PS3 and the graphics looked generation before last. Hideous.

true that man, half life 2 on the origional xbox blows it so far out fo the water the air got thin and it could see the curvature of the earth.

Tricky
10-Feb-2008, 09:07 PM
And even half life 2 looks pretty dated now!:eek:

Danny
10-Feb-2008, 09:20 PM
And even half life 2 looks pretty dated now!:eek:

yeah, but it has a style, like a super realistic looking cartoon, wereas this tried to be real looking and was less gears of war and more devil may cry 3.

mista_mo
13-Feb-2008, 10:27 PM
i liked the knife kills.

thats about it.

Danny
14-Feb-2008, 11:34 AM
i liked the knife kills.

thats about it.

that was one of the good things about farcry instincts before all those fast zombies showed up at the end and ruined the whole "stealth, but in the jungle!" thing that sold me to it.