PDA

View Full Version : WB/CW network is going under

acealive1
09-Feb-2008, 06:17 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080208/ap_en_tv/tv_smackdown_smacked

WWE programming was the only constant on their network since it started over 10 years ago and now they're waving bye bye. wow.......nice to see warner bros appreciates a single show keeping their whole network afloat for so long. to date,WWE smackdown is the only remaining show on the wb/cw to not be cancelled. which is saying something since they've had well over 100 different shows premiere and then die since smackdown came to the network.

les moonves is not a smart man

axlish
09-Feb-2008, 09:23 PM
America's Next Top Model franchise is huge. They'll be fine w/o rasslin'.

acealive1
09-Feb-2008, 11:00 PM
America's Next Top Model franchise is huge. They'll be fine w/o rasslin'.

that barely gets a 1.0 sometimes. smackdown gets 3.5 - 4.9 on a regular basis.

weigh it.

axlish
09-Feb-2008, 11:47 PM
that barely gets a 1.0 sometimes. smackdown gets 3.5 - 4.9 on a regular basis.

weigh it.

Ratings don't matter when it comes to wrestling. Just ask Ted Turner.

I'd say the average for Top Model is 3.0, with it being closer to 5 around the premier.

acealive1
10-Feb-2008, 12:25 AM
Ratings don't matter when it comes to wrestling. Just ask Ted Turner.

I'd say the average for Top Model is 3.0, with it being closer to 5 around the premier.

well lets see if they dont get in trouble and ask WWE to bail em out again. when the parkers and moesha and whatever else was on the air and tanking,moonves was stroking mcmahon somethin awful for him to stay at the network. now he's like "we dont need you" which is crazy cuz he's had to ask favors of vince about 3 times now. so the flagship show is going to be booted off.......great

axlish
10-Feb-2008, 01:05 AM
Wrestling is every networks redheaded stepchild. They bring in wrestling when they are fledgeling, but once they get a couple of programs under their belt, they'll give wrestling the boot because now they are too "high brow". Then their bottom line starts to slip a little, then they bring wrestling back (just like USA, Spike, probably many other channels).

acealive1
10-Feb-2008, 01:11 AM
Wrestling is every networks redheaded stepchild. They bring in wrestling when they are fledgeling, but once they get a couple of programs under their belt, they'll give wrestling the boot because now they are too "high brow". Then their bottom line starts to slip a little, then they bring wrestling back (just like USA, Spike, probably many other channels).

spike tv said the same thing,yet they have a "sport" that was illegal not even 15 years ago in some states. i say "sport" because they got found out under the original UFC banner that they were throwing fights which is why dana white bought it to clean it up........didnt work. then they realized how stupid they got as they'd never be spike tv without wwe programming so then they went and signed tna to a deal

ZombiePrototype
10-Feb-2008, 03:29 AM
Does the WB/CW have anything, besides maybe wrestling or Smallville, worth watching in the first place?

acealive1
10-Feb-2008, 04:11 AM
Does the WB/CW have anything, besides maybe wrestling or Smallville, worth watching in the first place?

nope LOL.

MinionZombie
10-Feb-2008, 11:07 AM
The CW shows Reaper though right? That show is wicked-cool. :)

MikePizzoff
10-Feb-2008, 01:08 PM
How does this mean the channel is going under? I didn't even have a clue that they showed any sort of wrestling on that channel... I just thought it was all really bad shows... especially the "urban" ones.

Well, I hope this does mean that piece of crap channel gets the hell off the airwaves.

acealive1
10-Feb-2008, 04:31 PM
How does this mean the channel is going under? I didn't even have a clue that they showed any sort of wrestling on that channel... I just thought it was all really bad shows... especially the "urban" ones.

Well, I hope this does mean that piece of crap channel gets the hell off the airwaves.

if smackdown hadnt stayed with WB/UPN/CW all those years.it'd be a dead stick

slickwilly13
10-Feb-2008, 04:38 PM
if smackdown hadnt stayed with WB/UPN/CW all those years.it'd be a dead stick

Agreed. Even the singing frog left. *L*

acealive1
10-Feb-2008, 05:04 PM
Agreed. Even the singing frog left. *L*

LOL that was before they were absorbed. they were still UPN. and WB was its own thing. Michigan J. Frog :lol::lol:

bassman
11-Feb-2008, 12:17 AM
It's crap, anyway. Not to mention, Wrestling is on it's way to going under, imo.

ugh....wrestling...

capncnut
11-Feb-2008, 10:30 AM
It's crap, anyway. Not to mention, Wrestling is on it's way to going under, imo.
It was good back in the day but now that I'm an ADULT, I see it for what it is: brick-headed neanderthals prancing around in a ring like ballerina's on steroids. :D

bassman
11-Feb-2008, 11:59 AM
It was good back in the day but now that I'm an ADULT, I see it for what it is: brick-headed neaderthals prancing around in a ring like ballerina's on steroids. :D

Yeah. That and most people these days are into the ultimate fighting instead of wrestling. You know....the REAL fighting.

ZombiePrototype
11-Feb-2008, 12:04 PM
Are you trying to say that wrestling isn't real?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bassman
11-Feb-2008, 12:08 PM
Are you trying to say that wrestling isn't real?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No. I was actually saying that Ultimate Fighting is. Most people know that wrestling isn't real...

capncnut
11-Feb-2008, 12:36 PM
The only thing that's real about wrestling is when someone accidentally dies in the ring...

MinionZombie
11-Feb-2008, 02:18 PM
This reminds me of the British cage fighting you see on the Extreme Sports channel (Sky 419) and everytime I happen upon it during my channel flicking, it's always - always - two blokes wearing tight pants (as in speedo's) hugging each other vigorously on the floor, all covered in sweat. :lol:

EVERY time. :lol:

acealive1
11-Feb-2008, 02:38 PM

ugh....wrestling...

you and everyone else has been saying that for about 30 years and it just keeps getting bigger.:lol::lol::lol:

bassman
11-Feb-2008, 03:42 PM
you and everyone else has been saying that for about 30 years and it just keeps getting bigger.:lol::lol::lol:

I really don't see it getting bigger. But hey....if people like it, they like it. It's like "reality" TV. It's dumb and obviously fake, but still somehow people love it. I don't get it...

Mike70
11-Feb-2008, 05:57 PM
wrestling or "wrassling" is about as bottomfeeding as "entertainment" gets. great fun when you are 12 but rather embarassing for an adult...

capncnut
11-Feb-2008, 06:00 PM
wrestling or "wrassling" is about as bottomfeeding as "entertainment" gets. great fun when you are 12 but rather embarassing for an adult...
Exactly, how many more times can one fall for the 'one, two, ooh he kicked out' routine? :rolleyes:

acealive1
11-Feb-2008, 06:05 PM
I really don't see it getting bigger. But hey....if people like it, they like it. It's like "reality" TV. It's dumb and obviously fake, but still somehow people love it. I don't get it...

its on the stock market..........so its not bigger? also it beat the superbowls record last year in attendance in the same venue by at LEAST 10,000

hmm........still not bigger,right?

successful dvd and theater releses of movies dating back to the mid 80's.

the marine was lambasted by the critics but made more money on home video than some of the "huge blockbusters" that year and it raked in close to 45 million just on dvd rentals alone. with another 35 mil on dvd buys.

shown in virtually every country on the globe.....not big though? ok then

capncnut
11-Feb-2008, 06:18 PM
Just because something is big doesn't mean that it's any less retarded. Barney & Friends is one of the biggest children's TV shows ever, is shown in every country (even Israel), has top-selling merchandise but was ranked in the TV Guide's 'Top 50 Worst Shows Of All Time' list.

The Spice Girls have sold over 50 million records worldwide and are one of the most musically challenged acts ever formed. Also, Garth Brooks holds the record for the third highest concert attendance ever with a whopping 750,000.

Big means jacks**t, mate. :D

acealive1
11-Feb-2008, 06:28 PM
Just because something is big doesn't mean that it's any less retarded. Barney & Friends is one of the biggest children's TV shows ever, is shown in every country (even Israel), has top-selling merchandise but was ranked in the TV Guide's 'Top 50 Worst Shows Of All Time' list.

The Spice Girls have sold over 50 million records worldwide and are one of the most musically challenged acts ever formed. Also, Garth Brooks holds the record for the third highest concert attendance ever with a whopping 750,000.

Big means jacks**t, mate. :D

all those people u named are dormant for all intended purposes

bassman
11-Feb-2008, 06:47 PM
Money doesn't equal quality.

capncnut
11-Feb-2008, 06:55 PM
all those people u named are dormant for all intended purposes
Dormant? :rockbrow:

Erm, no. Barney is still going, The Spice Girls just finished a sold-out reunion tour and Garth's making a comeback (god forbid). However, whether they are active or not is besides the point and de-railing the argument somewhat. They still hold those records, like WWE does, and they are just as retarded.

acealive1
11-Feb-2008, 07:17 PM
Dormant? :rockbrow:

Erm, no. Barney is still going, The Spice Girls just finished a sold-out reunion tour and Garth's making a comeback (god forbid). However, whether they are active or not is besides the point and de-railing the argument somewhat. They still hold those records, like WWE does, and they are just as retarded.

WWE is on tv and on the road about 290 days per year........spice girls had a measly 25 date or less tour for the first time in like 10 years........so which is dormant again? i forget.

capncnut
11-Feb-2008, 07:51 PM
WWE is on tv and on the road about 290 days per year........spice girls had a measly 25 date or less tour for the first time in like 10 years........so which is dormant again? i forget.
Where did I say WWE was dormant? I said it was RETARDED. Is it possible for you to stay on the subject for one single post or that too much to ask of you? :rolleyes:

Danny
11-Feb-2008, 08:12 PM

snuh-huh.

at exactly twelve years old i tyurned of wwf. threw my arms in the air and yelled "GAY!" and never watche dit agiain.

true story.

SRP76
11-Feb-2008, 10:43 PM
So, let's see if I get this:

We have rabid fans of anything related to living dead f*cking ZOMBIES trying to bash on pro wrestling?!

WTF? That's like someone who eats at Burger King every day trying to tell someone that McDonald's food is "bad for you".

Danny
11-Feb-2008, 11:00 PM

We have rabid fans of anything related to living dead f*cking ZOMBIES trying to bash on pro wrestling?!

WTF? That's like someone who eats at Burger King every day trying to tell someone that McDonald's food is "bad for you".

different strokes for differnt folks man, thats all.:D

slickwilly13
11-Feb-2008, 11:01 PM
WWE was at its best when it was called WWF and competing against ECW and WCW. I miss all the indie circuits that used to be shown around my parts. Smokey Mountain Wresting and Global Wresting Federation. ESPN Classics shows old matches from the 1980's and 1990-91 era during week nights. Its from some now nonexisting smaller wresting organization. Can not remember the name at the moment.

acealive1
11-Feb-2008, 11:02 PM

:lol::lol:

Danny
11-Feb-2008, 11:03 PM
WWE was at its best when it was called WWF and competing against ECW and WCW. I miss all the indie circuits that used to be shown around my parts. Smokey Mountain Wresting and Global Wresting Federation. ESPN Classics shows old matches from the 1980's and 1990-91 era during week nights. Its from some now nonexisting smaller wresting organization. Can not remember the name at the moment.

in my head i have an image of grizzly adams clothslineing the the dudes vet freind from the big lebowski:lol:

SRP76
11-Feb-2008, 11:04 PM
Although, the first episode of the new ECW show told me something:

Wrestling: good

Zombies: good

Zombies and Wrestling together: ......not so good.:lol:

acealive1
12-Feb-2008, 01:09 AM
Although, the first episode of the new ECW show told me something:

Wrestling: good

Zombies: good

Zombies and Wrestling together: ......not so good.:lol:

then you truly didnt see the first episode of ecw. if ur not a WWE fanboy,then ECW as we know it started around 1991

SRP76
12-Feb-2008, 01:12 AM
I said, "the new ECW show".:p

acealive1
12-Feb-2008, 01:29 AM
I said, "the new ECW show".:p

my bad. u know there wasnt much different from te old and new except vince decided it needed a hollywood feel which sucked. if he just woulda let it go,it'd be on top right now

slickwilly13
12-Feb-2008, 05:25 AM
Btw, that indie show I was talking about is the UWF and its on now.

acealive1
12-Feb-2008, 05:37 AM
Btw, that indie show I was talking about is the UWF and its on now.

swweeet, UWF has been around since WCW was nwa. the owner used to work for tna so he's got quite a bit of pull to get huge names in for shows

slickwilly13
12-Feb-2008, 06:09 AM
This organization took place around 1990-94, then folded. But a lot of old schooled wrestlers are on there. I saw Rick Rude ringside on one show.

acealive1
12-Feb-2008, 02:30 PM
This organization took place around 1990-94, then folded. But a lot of old schooled wrestlers are on there. I saw Rick Rude ringside on one show.

UWF? they're still around,bro. same company same belts. "woke from the dead" so to speak

slickwilly13
12-Feb-2008, 05:04 PM
You sure? There are diffrent UWF groups around. One from Japan which had a shoot style. And this other was diffrent. Americanized and had a lot of wrestlers from the '70's and early-mid '80's era. Watched Dan Spivey vs B. Brian Blair last night. Bob Orton makes appearances along with Dr. Death Steve Williams. Capt. Lou even has a segment.

acealive1
12-Feb-2008, 05:23 PM
You sure? There are diffrent UWF groups around. One from Japan which had a shoot style. And this other was diffrent. Americanized and had a lot of wrestlers from the '70's and early-mid '80's era. Watched Dan Spivey vs B. Brian Blair last night. Bob Orton makes appearances along with Dr. Death Steve Williams. Capt. Lou even has a segment.

http://www.uwfusa.com/

like i said its back

slickwilly13
12-Feb-2008, 08:10 PM
F#ck ya! TNA wrestlers are signing. That great news.

bassman
12-Feb-2008, 08:13 PM
F#ck ya! TNA wrestlers are signing. That great news.

TNA? Tit's and Ass Wrestling? Now THAT's some wrestling I could watch..

:p

Eyebiter
19-Feb-2008, 11:27 PM
ESPN Classics shows old matches from the 1980's and 1990-91 era during week nights. Its from some now nonexisting smaller wresting organization. Can not remember the name at the moment. AWA - American Wrestling Association based out of Minneapolis, MN. Went to a few matches back in the late 1970's when Nick Bockwinkel, Fritz Von Erich (the Claw), and Reginald Lisowski (Crusher) were still wrestling.

acealive1
20-Feb-2008, 01:36 AM
just in. CW just cancelled another black show. i guess its the norm to have the quote one show on for a few years (moesha, the parkers) then bring on another one. CW is gonna die