PDA

View Full Version : more stupid happenings in my area

acealive1
09-Feb-2008, 03:28 PM
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080209/NEWS16/802090394

let us have a need for them and he'll be calling back for them with open arms. also,they only do training at night and downtown is a ghost town by like 5pm every day

slickwilly13
09-Feb-2008, 04:17 PM
That mayor is a prick and idoit. Hopefully, he will get voted out of office next election. He could have at least notified them in advance. Not all wars are fought in jungles and deserts.

acealive1
09-Feb-2008, 04:22 PM
That mayor is a prick and idoit. Hopefully, he will get voted out of office next election. He could have at least notified them in advance. Not all wars are fought in jungles and deserts.

true dat. im all for them staying though,its a great thing knowing your city is considered a "terrorist target" and is about to get some federal dough which will make it safer. but the move by the mayor after that is just stupid.

ZombiePrototype
09-Feb-2008, 09:39 PM
I wonder if the mayor has ever heard the saying "It is better to have something and not need it, than it is to need something and not have it".:confused: What I mean is that the city will most likely never need the military there, but it is better to have them there to train in the city so they better protect it if need be.

acealive1
09-Feb-2008, 11:01 PM
I wonder if the mayor has ever heard the saying "It is better to have something and not need it, than it is to need something and not have it".:confused: What I mean is that the city will most likely never need the military there, but it is better to have them there to train in the city so they better protect it if need be.

we got the 180th fighter wing, perry air base and fort meigs close by,so the mayor better re think his plan