PDA

View Full Version : is this really Guns n Roses?

Cykotic
10-Feb-2008, 07:16 PM
j9zkXA7q2LA

Legion2213
10-Feb-2008, 07:39 PM
Haven't listened to GnR for years....got the debut album (absolute classic) and the "Lies" EP (awesome)...they went crap after that.

RJ_Sevin
10-Feb-2008, 09:58 PM
It's a leaked track from their eternally-delayed album, Chinese Democracy.

Danny
10-Feb-2008, 10:22 PM
geez, a little too linkin park don'tcha think?

ZombiePrototype
10-Feb-2008, 11:05 PM
They should just stick to the sound that they had before.:(:confused::annoyed:

MikePizzoff
10-Feb-2008, 11:11 PM
Jesus christ, this is god awful. I really wish things with Izzy, Slash, and Duff worked out... I know GnR wouldn't be sounding like this. Don't care about Steven Adler because he was a wastoid... pretty much any drummer could have done his job, although I did like his attitude.

capncnut
10-Feb-2008, 11:13 PM
I posted that track (and a few others) over a year ago! :rolleyes:

RJ_Sevin
10-Feb-2008, 11:42 PM
I have no use for the attitude that artists should not change and move forward, that they should never take risks or attempt some kind of transformation. Great moments can't be recaptured -- they can only be imitated. I prefer the real thing -- in this case, the perfect Appetite for Destruction -- to an imitation, and I applaud Axl for trying something different.

Too bad it stinks like poo.

:)

Mike70
11-Feb-2008, 12:06 AM
that was totally turdtastic.

bassman
11-Feb-2008, 12:07 AM
No, that's really not GNR. That's Axl trying to reclaim the glory of his past.

ZombiePrototype
11-Feb-2008, 12:09 AM
I have no use for the attitude that artists should not change and move forward, that they should never take risks or attempt some kind of transformation. Great moments can't be recaptured -- they can only be imitated. I prefer the real thing -- in this case, the perfect Appetite for Destruction -- to an imitation, and I applaud Axl for trying something different.

Too bad it stinks like poo.

:)
I see your point its just that after waiting, what seems like 10-15 years, for them to release something new, and getting really excited about it, and after it turns out to be crap I just wish that they would stick to the sound that thay had before. And I agree that sometimes it is good that bands try something new.:(:confused:

bassman
11-Feb-2008, 12:25 AM
Why do I keep reading "they"? The band of GNR is now Velvet Revolver. This is Axl Rose refusing to move on to something new with his musical career...

ZombiePrototype
11-Feb-2008, 01:36 AM
Why do I keep reading "they"? The band of GNR is now Velvet Revolver. This is Axl Rose refusing to move on to something new with his musical career...
You're right Axl Rose is delusional if he thinks that the so called new GNR is going to be anywhere near as good as the old GNR.

DeadJonas190
11-Feb-2008, 06:15 AM
No, that's really not GNR. That's Axl trying to reclaim the glory of his past.

I couldn't have said it better myself. That is excatly what it is.

capncnut
11-Feb-2008, 10:42 AM
People can slag off new G'N'R until the cows come home, still don't change the fact that they are more technically able than the originals. Take this version of Nightrain for example (listen to the whole thing and not just thirty seconds), f**k me Robin Finck and Bumblefoot annihilate Slash and Izzy.

973YLrlrNwM

Okay, the new s**t might not be all that but live they cannot be denied. I've seen both incarnations twice and the very last time I saw them was the best by miles.

MinionZombie
11-Feb-2008, 10:50 AM
I actually liked this new track by the name of "Better" ... however, all the other leaked tracks from last year were utter sh*te on a stick made of sh*te.

It's not true GnR, it's Axl with a cover band adding some new (literally) sh*t to their track list.

Axl should have just let it lie and go and do something else instead - and whatever that might have been, done it quicker ... and hasn't he had plastic surgery recently? I remember seeing a photo and he looked a bloody shock! :eek:

MikePizzoff
11-Feb-2008, 03:42 PM

I agree artists should evolve and move forward, musically, but keep the same friggin formula, at least!!! I can't stand when bands change they're formula and can't pull off the new one.

GnR were a rock n roll band... this new stuff is NOT rock n roll.