PDA

View Full Version : Right at Your Door

DeadJonas190
11-Feb-2008, 06:20 AM
Has anybody seen this movie? I enjoyed it, it had an eerie feeling to it and I thought it was done well.

Anyway, if you have seen it do you agree that the whole idea of what happeneed would be a great beginning to a zombie moive or at least a great origin story to how a zombie plague started?

If you haven't seen it, it is a story where a 9/11 type event happens in Los Angeles and through the use of dirty bombs a toxic dust that is carrying a virus is spread through the area. The main character is at home while his wife is headed to work and tries to get to her after the attacks, but is unable to do so. After hearing the orders to seal up the houses, he seals his house up with the help of his neighbors handyman (who came inside because he had nowhere else to go). After sealing it, his wife appears at the back door but he can't let her in because of what is going on.

There is a lot more to it, but that is a quick summary of how things get started.

MinionZombie
11-Feb-2008, 10:52 AM
I got it on DVD for cheap-as-chips last year and I really liked the movie, I thought it was a great little indie flick, but a relatively large indie at least anyway. Professional indie, might be the distinction to make...anyway, I thought it was a great film.

Indeed, as I was watching it I kept thinking "what if this was a zombie film ... maaaaan that'd be sweeeeet" ... and you know what, it would be. :)

Danny
11-Feb-2008, 12:36 PM
aye, i got it on doovd'e last year as well, i enjoyed it, possibly more than children of men but ive not gotten it out to watch a second time yet.

bassman
01-Sep-2008, 01:40 AM
I really enjoyed this flick, but there's something that I don't get about it...

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

I feel like there may have been a subplot that wasn't explored. Lexi mentions to Brad that he should ignore her messages that he had not yet received. Then Rick shows up, who Brad calls a scumbag and Lexi had agreed with him. Was Lexi cheating on Brad and that subplot was never exposed?

Why would this Rick guy randomly show up where she lived and why would Lexi tell Brad to ignore her messages. The messages that we never hear, btw. Anyone got any input on this? Something that I may have missed?

*END SPOILERS*

On a final note, I thought the ending to the film was very well placed, but what did everyone else think of the two alternate endings?

Bub666
01-Sep-2008, 02:06 AM
Yeah,I got it on dvd.It's a really good movie.

AcesandEights
02-Sep-2008, 02:21 AM
On a final note, I thought the ending to the film was very well placed, but what did everyone else think of the two alternate endings?

Awww, man...I saw it on pay per view and never got to see any of the alt endings. My GF has the standard DVD which she bought after we saw the film, so now I'll have to check 'em out.

clanglee
02-Sep-2008, 02:26 AM

I know I've seen the alt endings, but I can't quite remember how they went. Refresh my memeory and I'll give my opinion. :D

MinionZombie
02-Sep-2008, 10:24 AM
I've seen the alt endings, but can't remember them.

RAYD was a great film though, terrifyingly real even.

Neil
02-Sep-2008, 11:30 AM
Pretty good (low budget?) flick!

bassman
02-Sep-2008, 12:02 PM
The alternate endings are just scripted. They never filmed them. They're basically the same, but a certain other main character get's shot by the soldiers and another main character dies in a different way.:shifty: