PDA

View Full Version : i don't feel bad

acealive1
11-Feb-2008, 08:40 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080211/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_missing_journalists

theres people in the military who's specific job is to document by way of film and photo so why even send journalists over there if they arent ex green berets?

Mike70
11-Feb-2008, 08:54 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080211/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_missing_journalists

theres people in the military who's specific job is to document by way of film and photo so why even send journalists over there if they arent ex green berets?

because having only the military report on the military wouldn't exactly be free press.

the green berets thing doesn't make much sense to me - the overwhelming majority of all military personnel that will ever serve in iraq won't be special forces trained. so why should journalists covering the war need to be?

journalists have every right to cover what is going on in iraq and in the other troubled areas of the world - provided that they understand the risks to themselves and agree not to become security risks by giving out sensitive information, there should be no problem with them covering war from the frontlines.

acealive1
11-Feb-2008, 08:56 PM
because having only the military report on the military wouldn't exactly be free press.

the green berets thing doesn't make much sense to me - the overwhelming majority of all military personnel that will ever serve in iraq won't be special forces trained. so why should journalists covering the war need to be?

journalists have every right to cover what is going on in iraq and in the other troubled areas of the world - provided that they understand the risks to themselves and agree not to become security risks by giving out sensitive information, there should be no problem with them covering war from the frontlines.

but then they cry when one gets his guts blown out. its like having a grandma with cancer,u know its gonna happen so why cry when it finally does?

and why dont u understand the green beret thing?

Green Beret = Bad motherf*cker

DubiousComforts
11-Feb-2008, 10:18 PM
Green Beret = Bad motherf*cker
So then why isn't the entire US military comprised of Green Berets?

And I don't see anyone crying, particularly not the journalists, and nobody has asked you to feel badly based on that news story. However, isn't the safety of journalists on both sides supposed to be respected during conflict?

SRP76
11-Feb-2008, 10:18 PM
provided that they understand the risks to themselves and agree not to become security risks by giving out sensitive information.

Hahahahaha, if only the world worked that way.

Instead, they have to be protected, and get their kicks by giving away position and plan on a nightly f*cking basis. "Oh, we'll be heading over the eastern hills tomorrow at sunrise." What, people think the enemy doesn't have a goddam TV?!

They have no business being there. If you aren't a combatant, get the f*ck out of the way.

acealive1
11-Feb-2008, 10:24 PM
So then why isn't the entire US military comprised of Green Berets?

cuz its only for the army :rolleyes:

army has the green berets/special forces

navy has the seals

marines have.......MARINES

Hahahahaha, if only the world worked that way.

Instead, they have to be protected, and get their kicks by giving away position and plan on a nightly f*cking basis. "Oh, we'll be heading over the eastern hills tomorrow at sunrise." What, people think the enemy doesn't have a goddam TV?!

They have no business being there. If you aren't a combatant, get the f*ck out of the way.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And I don't see anyone crying, particularly not the journalists, and nobody has asked you to feel badly based on that news story. However, isn't the safety of journalists on both sides supposed to be respected during conflict?

if people will kill kids or have them join their armies,then what makes u think they wont swiss cheese a reporter?

SRP76
11-Feb-2008, 10:34 PM
The whole military can't be Special Forces, due to a lack of qualified instructors. You can't mass-train for it. There are a limited number of "teachers", therefore you will have a limit on the number of "students". And that's not taking into account the fact that many people simply couldn't handle it.

I can't even count the number of times I turned on the news, and saw some Eggbert with a mic yakking away about what the unit he was with was going to be doing tomorrow, where they were right now, and on and on. I'm thinking, "you want to know why you can't find bin Laden? It's because YOUR DUMB ASS JUST TOLD HIM WHERE WE'D BE LOOKING, you stupid sack of crap!". It's totally ridiculous, and it happened in every theater again, and again....and again....and again....

And no, combatants sure as hell aren't going to "spare the journalists". When being bombed, shot at, and God-knows-what-else, who in the world could actually pick a reporter out of a lineup of enemy troops? If you're that close up to be able to, you've probably already been shot.

DubiousComforts
11-Feb-2008, 10:41 PM
cuz its only for the army :rolleyes:

army has the green berets/special forces

navy has the seals

marines have.......MARINES
So then why isn't the entire US military comprised of Green Beret, Navy Seals, and Marines? Why isn't the standard raised for everyone to be all that they can be, rather than only the few, the proud?

Btw, I agree that the private sector should get out of the war zone, starting with private businesses like Black Water which are grabbing all the profits while our honorable war veterans go homeless.

Arcades057
12-Feb-2008, 07:56 AM
Blackwater is already barred from Iraq.

EvilNed
13-Feb-2008, 12:38 AM
Anyone who doesn't want to allow free press, wasn't around during Vietnam. Or he was, but he was a staunch supporter of it.