PDA

View Full Version : oh cmon!!

acealive1
11-Feb-2008, 09:16 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080211/postage_rates.html?.v=6
but i bet when gas goes back down permanantly the price of stamps which goes up because "gas goes up" will stay the same.

SRP76
11-Feb-2008, 10:12 PM
It's 42 cents. It's not going to break you.

Stamps were 25 cents in 1983. Wow, they've gone up a whopping 17 cents in a quarter of a century.

Almost every other thing you can possibly buy has risen a hell of a lot more than postage stamps.

And you don't even have to buy them anymore. That's what e-mail's for.

acealive1
11-Feb-2008, 10:16 PM
It's 42 cents. It's not going to break you.

Stamps were 25 cents in 1983. Wow, they've gone up a whopping 17 cents in a quarter of a century.

Almost every other thing you can possibly buy has risen a hell of a lot more than postage stamps.

And you don't even have to buy them anymore. That's what e-mail's for.
do u even realize what im saying? comprehension a problem? they say it goes up with gas prices cuz it costs them more ship things. u dont see them lowerning stamp prices when gas plummets with a new president,do u? even my aunt thinks thats shady and she retired from the USPS

SRP76
11-Feb-2008, 10:23 PM
do u even realize what im saying? comprehension a problem? they say it goes up with gas prices cuz it costs them more ship things. u dont see them lowerning stamp prices when gas plummets with a new president,do u? even my aunt thinks thats shady and she retired from the USPS

Gas does NOT plummet. What world did that happen on?

p2501
12-Feb-2008, 12:59 AM

umm when's the last time gas has really gone down in price drastically? I'll grant you, your understand economics seems to go about as far as a cow comprehends quantum physics. but still find something better to get on about.

USPS will soon charge you 42 cents for something it's competitors will charge you at minimum, ten times more for. :shifty: shocking ...i know.....

acealive1
12-Feb-2008, 01:06 AM
umm when's the last time gas has really gone down in price drastically? I'll grant you, your understand economics seems to go about as far as a cow comprehends quantum physics. but still find something better to get on about.

USPS will soon charge you 42 cents for something it's competitors will charge you at minimum, ten times more for. :shifty: shocking ...i know.....

bush left office, clinton got in....it was 99 cents for awhile in los angeles when i lived there.

p2501
12-Feb-2008, 01:11 AM
bush left office, clinton got in....it was 99 cents for awhile in los angeles when i lived there.

proof?

yeah....

since 2002 the lowest commonly recorded price of gas in the LA metro area was.... $1.43 (source) http://www.losangelesgasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx

conversely here's the pricing for a postage stamp. http://www.akdart.com/postrate.html

stamps a 4-7 cent increase in the last 5 years.

gas +$2.00

MikePizzoff
12-Feb-2008, 02:30 AM

Actually stamps were 25 cents up until less than 10 years ago.

acealive1
12-Feb-2008, 02:32 AM
Actually stamps were 25 cents up until less than 10 years ago.

exactly :D

proof?

yeah....

since 2002 the lowest commonly recorded price of gas in the LA metro area was.... $1.43 (source) http://www.losangelesgasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx

conversely here's the pricing for a postage stamp. http://www.akdart.com/postrate.html

stamps a 4-7 cent increase in the last 5 years.

gas +$2.00

dont go by stats,go by someone who saw it with their own eyes.

ZombiePrototype
12-Feb-2008, 02:46 AM
If people were to buy a ton of the Forever Stamps, if possible, they wouldn't have a problem with the price of stamps because from what I understand of the Forever Stamps is that if the even if the price of regular stamps goes up by a factor of ten you can still use the Forever Stamps and not pay any extra money. And then maybe if people buy enough of the Forever Stamps then maybe the USPS would understand that they can't keep raising the price of stamps every year and expect people to be happy. A long time ago, and maybe I am wrong about this, but I vaguely remember hearing a story on the news or maybe I read it in the newspaper about the there being some rule or law that states that the USPS is required to raise the price of stamps every so often, but I could be wrong about this last part it was a long time ago that I remember hearing it.

MikePizzoff
12-Feb-2008, 02:52 AM
some rule or law that states that the USPS is required to raise the price of stamps every so often, but I could be wrong about this last part it was a long time ago that I remember hearing it.

That's not surprising at all. It makes perfect sense, with inflation and all. It would be dumb of them not to raise every now and then to keep up with the times. But raising it just about every year is getting a little annoying.

acealive1
12-Feb-2008, 02:53 AM
That's not surprising at all. It makes perfect sense, with inflation and all. It would be dumb of them not to raise every now and then to keep up with the times. But raising it just about every year is getting a little annoying.

it was just raised 6 months ago now its going up again in may. and for our troubles bush says "eh give em $600" :rolleyes::rolleyes: