PDA

View Full Version : where is my old sparring partner

RUSS
11-Feb-2008, 09:58 PM
hey neil where is me old mucker grimstories not seen his name on any posts :evil:

just wondering where the tosser is

Mike70
11-Feb-2008, 10:09 PM
hey neil where is me old mucker grimstories not seen his name on any posts :evil:

just wondering where the tosser is

probably siding up to his favorite all you can eat buffet table:lol: another poster sent me this link with a pic of grim attached. let's just say he doesn't look anything like i'd pictured him. he is still out there. undoubtedly still a nasty, hateful, ignorant rat like he always was.

http://www.paladin-press.com/authormo_0303.aspx

on a serious tip man, i haven't seen or heard anything out of that dude in literally years. looks like that psychopath is gone for good.

Danny
11-Feb-2008, 10:19 PM
never heard of him.

was this some evilned/svengoolie type rivalry?

capncnut
11-Feb-2008, 10:49 PM
Wasn't he banned or something?

Mike70
11-Feb-2008, 10:51 PM
svengoolie type rivalry?

sort of. grim was a complete moron like sven/dc burny but a little more militaristic and much more pedantic. he was a tough talking, survival type poser - the kind of guy who feels better about himself after coming on to the internet and talking crap.

Andy
11-Feb-2008, 10:54 PM
He was a moderator on the old LOOM boards who was eventually banned by neil becuase he was flaming/baiting members then using his powers to ban them when they responded and cover up his own tracks.

As far as im aware, he never registered at the vBulletin forums.

Danny
11-Feb-2008, 10:57 PM
He was a moderator on the old LOOM boards who was eventually banned by neil becuase he was flaming/baiting members then using his powers to ban them when they responded and cover up his own tracks.

thats not even funny, thats against everything a good forum stands for, why would you do that?, forums are places for people to discuss things that they share a common interest in, why woul someone pruposely do that? granted it could be a pathetic example of power tripping but still youd have to sit down and spend time out of your day to it its so... futile i guess and just offensive.

Mike70
11-Feb-2008, 10:57 PM

andy has hit it right on the head here. if anyone has a problem with a the mods now i wish they could've been around when this was going on.

grim was the posterboy for bad internet behavior.

i threw that link up with the pic of grim in it for the other old timers that are still out there.

Andy
11-Feb-2008, 11:00 PM
Well fortunatly i think we have a good bunch of mods nowadays :)

Mike70
11-Feb-2008, 11:03 PM
Well fortunatly i think we have a good bunch of mods nowadays :)

i do too. didn't mean any offense. ;) i am not one of the older members who still pines for the wild west days on here and the titanic and (to be frank) often amusing flame wars that used to rage.

kortick
12-Feb-2008, 01:37 AM
The mods were not bad back then either. Don't need to insult.

The "new" mods just seem to pay more attention to things.
Neil always dealt with stuff, just not as quick.

Grim was best for telling all the other writers
in the fiction section how they were not real writers like he was.
And with that he would trash them.

And he had this thing about guns.
he would write 5 paragraphs on the make and model
of the gun the guy was using and then 2 sentences
about him shooting a zombie or such.
lots of techo-babble.

And his flame wars were not funny.
Some were like andreno/Hls were side splitting

But Grim treated everyone like they
were the prison scum he had to guard all day.

Losh of all people showed me the site he hangs out
at now.
Its a combo of survivalist/bible thumpers
Perfect place for him.

RUSS
12-Feb-2008, 01:49 AM
sort of. grim was a complete moron like sven/dc burny but a little more militaristic and much more pedantic. he was a tough talking, survival type poser - the kind of guy who feels better about himself after coming on to the internet and talking crap.

basically he was a complete twat and we never got on i hated him he hated me he was a moderator on the site and always deleted my posts wich consisted of me belittling him , and for those who aint heard of him he was around from 99 onwards when the old site was in operation when the greek had the site and from what ive seen on here there isnt many people left from that era
:hyper:

oh my f*****g god is that what that prick looks like he fat tubby little **** ex marine my ass he full of ****
please let him come back on the site so he can post his #1 ethical post ect on survival and weapon choice , so every one can take the piss out of that fat little ****

ProfessorChaos
12-Feb-2008, 02:38 AM
that dude surely wasn't in my beloved marine corps, was he? i thought he claimed something about the army....hmmm...:shifty:

Mike70
12-Feb-2008, 02:38 AM
yep that is grim in the flesh baby. horrific sight ain't it?

he looks like buddy hackett and don ho's love child and he always talked like such a hardass.

that dude surely wasn't in my beloved marine corps, was he? i thought he claimed something about the army....hmmm...:shifty:

he claimed he was in both the army and the marines.

Monrozombi
12-Feb-2008, 02:57 AM
holy hell what a name from the past, I sometimes often what happened to people from that time frame.

WOW! would have never thought that picture was him

MikePizzoff
12-Feb-2008, 06:16 AM
Damn it, the picture won't show up for me.

Danny
12-Feb-2008, 06:17 AM
And he had this thing about guns.
he would write 5 paragraphs on the make and model
of the gun the guy was using and then 2 sentences
about him shooting a zombie or such.
lots of techo-babble.

that kinda explains it a little.

Andy
12-Feb-2008, 10:46 PM
The "new" mods just seem to pay more attention to things.
Neil always dealt with stuff, just not as quick.

The way the new forums is structured is to give moderators more power than loom could, leaving myself and neil more time to answer to technical problems and administration issues.

Its simply impossible for 1 person to police the entire forums effectively, and do admin chores on top of that, which is why we now have a full team of moderators and myself to do the admin work, leaving neil free to enjoy the community he's built up.

Axlish, deadman and kaos (Current super mods) were moderators on the Loom board anyway, just not super moderators. in fact there's only minion who was a normal member on the old boards.

kortick
12-Feb-2008, 11:01 PM
My comments were directed to
the fact that the old board mods
DID do their jobs, and it wasn't a
anything goes place.

whatever the change in structure
or whomever the mods are now
all I am saying is they respond quicker.

Monrozombi
12-Feb-2008, 11:10 PM
My comments were directed to
the fact that the old board mods
DID do their jobs, and it wasn't a
anything goes place.

and don't forget the old board wasn't as busy as this is now. There used to be only 3 forums, discussion, RPG & Fiction and no subsections.

MikePizzoff
12-Feb-2008, 11:26 PM
and don't forget the old board wasn't as busy as this is now. There used to be only 3 forums, discussion, RPG & Fiction and no subsections.

That's not true. I can remember general discussion, dead discussion, games discussion, rpg, fiction, and a couple of others.

Andy
12-Feb-2008, 11:39 PM
That's not true. I can remember general discussion, dead discussion, games discussion, rpg, fiction, and a couple of others.

Actually we've only added The Lounge, Media Discussion, Dead Remakes, Diary of the dead, Ask Staff and News and Announcements. The rest of the forums were simply brought over from the old board, we however ditched the Land and Dawn forums, and the RPG forum.

I Think kortick means the "off-topic" section is now busier than it was on the old forums, with the addition of 2 extra forums and alot less flaming, there is more of a general community.

And kortick i didn't mean to cause any alarm or offense with my post, i was simply backing up what you said by pointing out its easier for 6 people to respond to issues than it was for neil alone.

Deckard
13-Feb-2008, 01:07 AM
probably siding up to his favorite all you can eat buffet table:lol: another poster sent me this link with a pic of grim attached. let's just say he doesn't look anything like i'd pictured him. he is still out there. undoubtedly still a nasty, hateful, ignorant rat like he always was.

http://www.paladin-press.com/authormo_0303.aspx

on a serious tip man, i haven't seen or heard anything out of that dude in literally years. looks like that psychopath is gone for good.

LOL, I used to be on these boards alot in 01-02, and I remember Grim all too well. I pictured some hardcore mofo, but....well, a picture is worth a thousand words I guess. Thanks for the laugh.

Monrozombi
13-Feb-2008, 01:08 AM

I guess it depends on how far back you want to go. I know originally there were 3 forums back in the 90's and then sometime in what 01,02 they started to expand and that was the error I was refering to since I was most active up till 2005

Deckard
13-Feb-2008, 01:23 AM
Double post

RUSS
13-Feb-2008, 01:36 AM
i remember those days when the greek owned the site

Monrozombi
13-Feb-2008, 02:09 AM
livingdead.com was a great site, i miss it