PDA

View Full Version : Fascists, much?

MinionZombie
12-Feb-2008, 10:26 AM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080212/ten-entertainment-britain-internet-film-a56114e_1.html

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez...:rolleyes:

Control, control, control...:annoyed:

The tactics of morons - ban, ban, ban.

What's wrong with the current system? And whatever happened to targeting the source, rather than the users? It's exactly like a drug war, what's going to be more effective, cutting off a shipment of a shed-load of heroin coming in on a boat, or going after 3 dosed up junkies?

Chic Freak
12-Feb-2008, 10:52 AM
I agree, actually. I think calling them fascists is a bit strong, but it seems like a bit of a waste of time to chase up all the individuals downloading music, rather than the "suppliers" (e.g. Limewire).

Legion2213
12-Feb-2008, 10:59 AM
How are they going to police this? I could (if I wanted) leech off two other unprotected wireless connections that always show up in my connections center thingy...I could use them to download and cause a shedload of trouble for the legitimate and innocent owners of those connections.

It's just stupid. But hey, we have a labour gov, so I guess it figures. :rolleyes:

MinionZombie
12-Feb-2008, 11:15 AM
Just having some tongue-in-cheek fun with the title, but it certainly is part of their human-rights-abusing fascination with surveillance culture.

This proposal should be shot down, it's a massive assault to privacy and free speech laws because if ISPs would be garnishing all that data, they have access to everything, what you're downloading and so on. It's beyond preposterous...the long grass beckons this daft proposal - as equally daft as their dangerous pictures act proposal which is currently undergoing amendments.

It makes me wonder, whose shafts are the gubment trying to pump for support with this move? :rockbrow:

SRP76
12-Feb-2008, 08:23 PM
They have no hope in hell of enforcing it. You simply don't have enough eyeballs to watch all the data being gleaned every second of every day.

They have enough people to maybe catch 1 out of 10,000 "offenses". Not even worth the effort.

MinionZombie
12-Feb-2008, 08:51 PM
Precisely, for a myriad of reasons - both practical and legal - it's completely unworkable, but no less "rockbrow" inducing...:rockbrow:

Chic Freak
12-Feb-2008, 09:06 PM
I like rockbrow, more forums etc should have it.

:rockbrow:

Not to mention:

:moon:

SRP76
12-Feb-2008, 10:05 PM
http://209.85.62.24/29/164/0/p9118/rock.gif

Accept no cheap substitutes for The People's Emoticon.

EvilNed
13-Feb-2008, 12:34 AM
Do as the state commands - or else.

MinionZombie
13-Feb-2008, 10:14 AM
So that's a :rockbrow: and a :moon: in the gubment's direction.

Take that Clown & Co! HAHA!