PDA

View Full Version : I am Legend 2 Disc Special Edition

Legion2213
13-Feb-2008, 11:51 PM
Just a heads up really, seems to be the threatrical version and another version with an alternate ending

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3274468/I-Am-Legend-Special-Edition/Product.html#

Any news on the US version of this DVD release? You guys usually get better extras, better packaging and extra goodies (as proved by the "Troy Directors Cut - Ultimate Edition" that I received today). :cool:

MinionZombie
14-Feb-2008, 11:01 AM
All I've heard about the DVD, aside from the alternate cut, is that the extras are piss poor - *ahem* double-dip alert people ... *the world stands unsurprised* :p

Mutineer
14-Feb-2008, 12:29 PM
I enjoyed the film but wondered why they didn't use real actors as the vampires ? The CGI creatures were uninspired and not scary at all (Hard to be scared of cartoon characters). :rolleyes:

It also lacked more vaps and scenes of 'horror'.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but forgettable.

Rottedfreak
14-Feb-2008, 01:47 PM
I enjoyed the film but wondered why they didn't use real actors as the vampires ? The CGI creatures were uninspired and not scary at all (Hard to be scared of cartoon characters). :rolleyes:

It also lacked more vaps and scenes of 'horror'.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but forgettable.

They went with CGI zombies because human actors venting like they were meant to would have collapsed.

MikePizzoff
14-Feb-2008, 03:10 PM
They went with CGI zombies because human actors venting like they were meant to would have collapsed.

Quicker cuts would have easily solved that problem. A human could rapidly vent for a few seconds, then cut the angle or something.

MinionZombie
14-Feb-2008, 05:56 PM
Or CGI on top of the people themselves surely? If they can make Transformer bots, they can make some hyper-breathe.

bassman
05-Mar-2008, 08:45 PM
If you want to save yourself some money....here's the alternate ending.

Although it's still not the book's ending, it's better than the one we got, imo.

http://joblo.com/i-am-alternate-ending

MinionZombie
06-Mar-2008, 10:42 AM
If you want to save yourself some money....here's the alternate ending.

Although it's still not the book's ending, it's better than the one we got, imo.

http://joblo.com/i-am-alternate-ending
I think that was a waaaaaay better ending than what was shoved onto the movie before. Much better...although I'd have preferred Smith to do the final voice over rather than whats'ername, whose character was a bit of a nuisance to be honest. When she cropped up the film took a dive...at least that ending you've linked to would have/does pick it up at the end to be a bit more in line with the first two thirds.

bassman
06-Mar-2008, 11:42 AM
I think that was a waaaaaay better ending than what was shoved onto the movie before. Much better...although I'd have preferred Smith to do the final voice over rather than whats'ername, whose character was a bit of a nuisance to be honest. When she cropped up the film took a dive...at least that ending you've linked to would have/does pick it up at the end to be a bit more in line with the first two thirds.

And it also makes sense of the whole "infected leader" subplot. In the theatrical cut it's never explained. You're just left wondering why you keep seeing the same guy....

Mike70
06-Mar-2008, 01:01 PM
that ending is like 100 times better than the one we originally saw and it makes way, way more sense. thanks for putting this up bass.

p2501
06-Mar-2008, 04:24 PM
I think if they had just called it something else i'd be more forgiving. but the movie was just pointless ****. Smith had moments in it that were just amazing, but from a directive and overall standpoint the movie captains it's own failboat all the way back to suckalot harbor, where it promptly sank.

I don't care what ending you take on, nothing makes that film suck any less.

MinionZombie
06-Mar-2008, 04:30 PM
from a directive and overall standpoint the movie captains it's own failboat all the way back to suckalot harbor, where it promptly sank

:lol: F*ckin' hilarious. :D

Mike70
06-Mar-2008, 04:45 PM
I think if they had just called it something else i'd be more forgiving. but the movie was just pointless ****. Smith had moments in it that were just amazing, but from a directive and overall standpoint the movie captains it's own failboat all the way back to suckalot harbor, where it promptly sank.

I don't care what ending you take on, nothing makes that film suck any less.

so if i understand you keyrektly you didn't care much for it?:p:D

p2501
06-Mar-2008, 09:10 PM
so if i understand you keyrektly you didn't care much for it?:p:D
ugh, it's my hope Lawrence never directs again.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1349376/

bassman
07-Mar-2008, 02:04 AM
In my mind it's entertaining once or twice. Not much depth to it, but good to forget about your troubles for an hour and a half. Same as Dawn04, actually.

Scratch that.....this film is still better than Dawn04. On several different levels.

Neil
07-Mar-2008, 12:42 PM
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/05/must-watch-i-am-legends-original-ending-this-is-amazing/

kidgloves
12-Mar-2008, 09:50 PM
I watched the alternative cut last night and overall it does make it a better film but it does raise other questions about why these rabid killing machines would just stop trying to kill Will Smith because he acts like he did in this alternative version. Theres also a scene where the 3 of them talk about the trap that caught Will Smith when he went to check the dummy out that i don't remember in the original version.