PDA

View Full Version : shoulda been the obvious choice

acealive1
14-Feb-2008, 06:51 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080214/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/dead_satellite

i mean cmon they did it with a meteor years ago

Mike70
14-Feb-2008, 07:04 PM
i don't recall a meteor ever having been hit by a missile. have you been watching sean connery movies?

SRP76
14-Feb-2008, 07:06 PM
i don't recall a meteor ever having been hit by a missile. have you been watching sean connery movies?

:lol:

And before anyone gets any bright ideas, Armageddon was NOT a documentary...

acealive1
14-Feb-2008, 07:16 PM

LOL

no there was a meteor headed for us,not quite the size of the one in that movie but it woulda done a bit of damage.

SRP76
14-Feb-2008, 07:23 PM
From here out, the eggheads should realize that putting a remote-activated self-destruct charge on all their hardware would be a simple option. Anytime anything reaches the end of its service, just blow it so only small pieces re-enter. The small fragments will mostly burn up.

acealive1
14-Feb-2008, 07:41 PM
From here out, the eggheads should realize that putting a remote-activated self-destruct charge on all their hardware would be a simple option. Anytime anything reaches the end of its service, just blow it so only small pieces re-enter. The small fragments will mostly burn up.

just like sky lab,but im guessing this satellite had a bit more dangerous content aboard

p2501
16-Feb-2008, 01:53 PM

does that mean Bruce willis is still alive then?

just like sky lab,but im guessing this satellite had a bit more dangerous content aboard
explosives on/around/near a multi million dollar spy satelite that runs on highly toxic fuel.... i dunno if that's going to go over very well with oversight.