PDA

View Full Version : Woman wants her dog cloned

acealive1
15-Feb-2008, 07:30 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080215/sc_afp/healthscienceskoreacloning

the dog's name is booger :lol::lol:

Marie
16-Feb-2008, 12:54 AM
Ya know, I generally have a live and let live policy for other people and their decisions. BUT, given the number of animals euthanized at animal shelters every year this is just wrong IMO.

M_

Mike70
16-Feb-2008, 12:59 AM
Ya know, I generally have a live and let live policy for other people and their decisions. BUT, given the number of animals euthanized at animal shelters every year this is just wrong IMO.

M_

and with the untold amount of human suffering going on it is nice to see that some folks are using their scientific expertise to clone dogs. nice world we live huh?:annoyed:

acealive1
16-Feb-2008, 03:36 AM
and with the untold amount of human suffering going on it is nice to see that some folks are using their scientific expertise to clone dogs. nice world we live huh?:annoyed:

:lol::lol::lol:

man on the moon,but cant stop people from dying of lets say paralysis or lung cancer.

Mike70
16-Feb-2008, 03:55 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

man on the moon,but cant stop people from dying of lets say paralysis or lung cancer.

the man on the moon thing doesn't bother me so much (i know it is just a saying) because that is progress at its greatest. but folks that want to spend their time cloning fooking dogs (a vile and disgusting animal as far as i am concerned) when they could be applying that knowledge to something vastly more useful (unless you are some rich old bitch who misses her pooch) just make me shake my head.

dead is dead and gone. remember the things you love in memory where they belong. this is just a rather sick attempt at recapturing something that can never be recaptured.

although i am a stauch supporter of all forms of scientific endeavor - cloning entire beings, especially humans (which seems to be the ultimate goal of these folks) is simple and sheer hubris that i am opposed to almost categorically.

people ask me (most of my friends/associates are academics) if my son died and i could clone him - would i? the answer is fu ck no. because i know that whatever was cloned would NOT be the same person as my son is. it would be nothing more than mockery, something that looked like him and sounded like him BUT wasn't him on the deepest level. it would be an abomination against nature.

besides making clones of ourselves to live on is a cheap grasp at immortality - a very cheap one. i don't want to live forever because as B5 so eloquently put it (better than i could) to live on in such a fashion is to realize that things like friendship, companionship, love, compassion, etc. are merely illusions, transitory and of the moment. i am not ready to give any of those illusions up to live beyond the 100 or so years that i might be granted in this life.

mista_mo
17-Feb-2008, 07:24 AM
As Scipio has allready said, it wouldn't be the same. I could clone my dog, have his genetic make-up match tit for tat to the clone, but I know it wouldn't be him.

It may be a perfect genetic copy, but it won't be a perfect copy of my dog.

suicide22
17-Feb-2008, 02:04 PM
Who doesn't want their dog or cat cloned!:)

slickwilly13
17-Feb-2008, 03:42 PM
My neighbor had a rat terrier named Booger.

acealive1
17-Feb-2008, 05:34 PM
the man on the moon thing doesn't bother me so much (i know it is just a saying) because that is progress at its greatest. but folks that want to spend their time cloning fooking dogs (a vile and disgusting animal as far as i am concerned) when they could be applying that knowledge to something vastly more useful (unless you are some rich old bitch who misses her pooch) just make me shake my head.

dead is dead and gone. remember the things you love in memory where they belong. this is just a rather sick attempt at recapturing something that can never be recaptured.

although i am a stauch supporter of all forms of scientific endeavor - cloning entire beings, especially humans (which seems to be the ultimate goal of these folks) is simple and sheer hubris that i am opposed to almost categorically.

people ask me (most of my friends/associates are academics) if my son died and i could clone him - would i? the answer is fu ck no. because i know that whatever was cloned would NOT be the same person as my son is. it would be nothing more than mockery, something that looked like him and sounded like him BUT wasn't him on the deepest level. it would be an abomination against nature.

besides making clones of ourselves to live on is a cheap grasp at immortality - a very cheap one. i don't want to live forever because as B5 so eloquently put it (better than i could) to live on in such a fashion is to realize that things like friendship, companionship, love, compassion, etc. are merely illusions, transitory and of the moment. i am not ready to give any of those illusions up to live beyond the 100 or so years that i might be granted in this life.

amen to that