PDA

View Full Version : First the internet, now smoking?

MinionZombie
16-Feb-2008, 11:33 AM
Two daft-as-can-possibly-be proposals from the gubment of late.

The first was the internet thing regarding downloading, which is technically unworkable and legally very dodgy indeed.

Now the gubment plans to demand smokers get a "SMOKING LICENSE" and a signature from their local quack to allow them to smoke. :rolleyes:

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/awbb.htm#Fag_End_Britain

Now, I think smoking is rank-as-sh*t and certainly like being able to go into a pub and not come out with stinking clothes, stinking hair, stinging eyes, burning lungs and a horrible cough - but this, and their previous idea of banning smoking at the wheel of a car - is just retardation defined.

These bastards are OBSESSED with controlling the population, the nanny state has never been so looming.

And isn't it a bit odd that an economics guy is running a health initiative? :confused:

Plus - and unsurprisingly - it's unworkable. Doctors swamped with smokers having to ask permission to choke their lungs away, meanwhile people who are actually ill are collapsing and kicking buckets in the waiting room. :rolleyes:

Somebody, please for the love of common sense, put this gubment down like Old Yeller.

Khardis
16-Feb-2008, 12:35 PM
The time to revolt would have been when they came for your firearms. Now you're defenseless. X_X

EvilNed
16-Feb-2008, 02:49 PM
Didn't see you do that when the patriot act was signed...

Andy
16-Feb-2008, 03:41 PM
The time to revolt would have been when they came for your firearms. Now you're defenseless. X_X
I would seriously be up for a revolt, just waiting for someone to start one lol.

MinionZombie
16-Feb-2008, 05:41 PM
I would seriously be up for a revolt, just waiting for someone to start one lol.
:lol:

Ain't that the truth.

Down with Brown! Down with Brown!

Chic Freak
17-Feb-2008, 11:34 AM
For once, I actually agree with you 100% MZ! This proposal is completely ridiculous on every level. It has no redeeming features at all.

suicide22
17-Feb-2008, 01:53 PM
“You ban it for youth of today… the next generation will conquer that we have lost.”;):p:cool:

acealive1
17-Feb-2008, 05:35 PM
we had a perfect solution "smoking section" then they banned smoking in some places,i say all those businesses nation wide should sue the government for having to comply with something they did away with

Mike70
17-Feb-2008, 05:43 PM
Now the gubment plans to demand smokers get a "SMOKING LICENSE" and a signature from their local quack to allow them to smoke. :rolleyes:

exsqueeze me???

i hope this turns out to some crazy proposal that gets howled down by everyone with any sense. only a true and proper nutter could come up with something so heinous.

i don't smoke (cigarettes, ahem):shifty: but i don't care one wit if other adults do it.

What in the F*ck is going on over there? your govt. is startiing to make ours look almost rational and that is surely nothing to be proud of. the so-called labour party is really showing its true colors isn't it?

christ the song is right - the idiots really are taking over...

we had a perfect solution "smoking section" then they banned smoking in some places,i say all those businesses nation wide should sue the government for having to comply with something they did away with

how is the fight against the smoking ban going in ohio? i haven't heard/seen much on that lately. have you?

acealive1
17-Feb-2008, 07:19 PM
exsqueeze me???

i hope this turns out to some crazy proposal that gets howled down by everyone with any sense. only a true and proper nutter could come up with something so heinous.

i don't smoke (cigarettes, ahem):shifty: but i don't care one wit if other adults do it.

What in the F*ck is going on over there? your govt. is startiing to make ours look almost rational and that is surely nothing to be proud of. the so-called labour party is really showing its true colors isn't it?

christ the song is right - the idiots really are taking over...

how is the fight against the smoking ban going in ohio? i haven't heard/seen much on that lately. have you?

its bad here, all restaurants complied with it and put up divider glass walls for smoking section. and then they banned smoking. which is horrible.

Khardis
17-Feb-2008, 07:38 PM
Didn't see you do that when the patriot act was signed...

They didn't come for my guns yet. When they do, i'll probably be dead.

Danny
17-Feb-2008, 07:52 PM
thats retarded. simple as.