PDA

View Full Version : 30 Days of Sh*te ... my thoughts ...

MinionZombie
16-Feb-2008, 06:07 PM
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/02/30-days-of-****e.html

Evidently, I didn't care for it. :p

Mike70
16-Feb-2008, 06:39 PM
Evidently, I didn't care for it. :p

:lol: i must have missed that in your previous post with the giant red font:lol:

Danny
16-Feb-2008, 07:14 PM
EPIC FAIL.

i can sum up a one sentence answer to all your questionings of the faults:

BECUASE THEN THE MOVIE WOULD BE 15 MINUTES LONG! :lol:

Neil
18-Feb-2008, 10:05 AM
*minor spoilers*

I enjoyed the film, but like you felt the script let is down...

Where did the vampires plan on going after the 30 days? Why did they massacre everyone straight away and not coral them up and take them more regularly? I would have liked to have known more about them TBH...

I'm hoping there will be a sequel, in the neighbourning town 1 year later.... But this time, Stella is waiting, ready for them! (& of course everyone thinks she's the local town nutter cos of her stories and odd behaviour!)

Danny
18-Feb-2008, 10:53 AM
*minor spoilers*

I enjoyed the film, but like you felt the script let is down...

Where did the vampires plan on going after the 30 days? Why did they massacre everyone straight away and not coral them up and take them more regularly? I would have liked to have known more about them TBH...

actually in the comics they were sorta reject vampires and a elder type vampire showed up and killed there boss and points out all the faults above as why hes an idiot, he then orders them to burn the town to destroy the evidence as "we worked so hard , spent thousands of years convincing them we were just nightmares", so they start the fire to make it look like an oil fire accident.

MinionZombie
18-Feb-2008, 10:54 AM
*a bit spoilery*

Also, when they're hiding out in that attic and they're going on about it being so hard to survive - BOOM - Day 7. :lol: Where's their food, their water and how have these dimwitted vamps not found them in a friggin' week - especially when there seems to be ample lighting inside the attic - WHICH HAS FRIGGIN' WINDOWS - yes, covered with some paper, but it's not black card so it's no doubt shelling out some light - especially as they're always gawping out that massive hole they tore in the paper to see what's going on.

Why on earth haven't the vamps just done a house-to-house? Why not use their blood smelling ability?

Then "oh lets hang out in a grocery store" - where a LOT OF NOISE OCCURS - how on earth did the pack of vamps not hear all that racket and come running?! Then - BOOM - Day 18, geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

You never know what day you're on, there are no montages to show the passage of time *starts thinking of that Team America/South Park song :D*, but you know what I mean, it just seems like one month.

Then from the store to the bloody sheriff's office. Not exactly well defended places - and then that Utili-whatever place they basically set up as a haven of safety, is broken into so friggin' easily, why even bother? Also, at the start of the film when that turny-blade-thing-masher-whatsit is switched on - you flat out know a vamp is going in that thing in the third act.

It's just sooooo poorly written, ugh! :eek:

clanglee
21-Feb-2008, 08:08 AM
Ok, so I just saw this. Meh. . . Not great at all, but not the worst I've seen. Couldn't get past the stupid photoshop elongated vampires. I have to say that the graphic novel kinda sucked too tho. Even with the extra explinations, it was still highly unbeliveable. Neat idea that kinda faltered in the execution.

Oh, and tell me why exactly all the vampires spoke in some unrecognizable language? I would think that they all had plenty of time to learn a modern language. You can't expect me to believe that they all would just stick with ancient sumerian or something in todays world.