PDA

View Full Version : Guns N Roses is finished

acealive1
17-Feb-2008, 11:50 PM
rose cant get that album together,but he can damn sure record a new song for someone else

1. Jeff Hardy: No More Words; Endevetafter
2. Kofi Kingston: SOS; Collie Budz
3. Beth Phoenix: Glamazon
4. Mark Henry: The Wall; Heat Mobb
5. Hawkins & Ryder: In the Middle of it Now; Disciple
6. Jillian Hall: Sliced Bread
7. Mr. McMahon: No Chance in Hell; Theory of a Deadman
8. ECW Theme Song
9. Jesse & Festus: Biscuits & Gravy
10. Candice Michelle: What Love Is
11. John Morrison: This Ain't No Make Believe
12. Shelton Benjamin: Ain't No Stoppin' Me; Axel Rose
13. Mr. Kennedy: Turn Up the Trouble; Airbourne
14. Chris Jericho: Break Down the Walls; James Grundler

capncnut
18-Feb-2008, 10:09 AM
rose cant get that album together,but he can damn sure record a new song for someone else

12. Shelton Benjamin: Ain't No Stoppin' Me; Axel Rose
What he's doing recording a track for that no mark is anyone's guess. :rolleyes:

He also recorded two tracks for Sebastian Bach's new album last November.

But your wrong, The Chinese Democracy has been finished since January. Geffen currently have the CD but apparently there's a some sort of discrepancy over the marketing.

acealive1
18-Feb-2008, 03:24 PM
What he's doing recording a track for that no mark is anyone's guess. :rolleyes:

He also recorded two tracks for Sebastian Bach's new album last November.

But your wrong, The Chinese Democracy has been finished since January. Geffen currently have the CD but apparently there's a some sort of discrepancy over the marketing.

yea 18 years worth. its been doen,re done, not done and "we're almost done"

bassman
18-Feb-2008, 03:27 PM
I still say that Guns N Roses was over a long time ago...

capncnut
18-Feb-2008, 03:28 PM
Something like that, it's not gonna be easy because I doubt Axl or Geffen will see a profit on it. Fourteen years in the making and a production cost of 35 million upwards. With that, Axl is now stating that The Chinese Democracy will be part one of a trilogy. :rolleyes:

Part two comes in 2010 and part three in 2012. :lol:

_liam_
18-Feb-2008, 08:39 PM
Welcome to 1996!

To be honest I don't mind waiting, and they put on a good show at donington a couple of years back - Axl is crackers, leave him alone - would you have such expectations of any other mental patient? :lol:

capncnut
28-Oct-2008, 06:09 AM
Finally, after 14 years of waiting, Chinese Democracy will hit the stores on November 23rd. Here's the official cover:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/GNRchinesedemocracy.jpg

And the tracklisting is as follows:

Chinese Democracy
Shackler's Revenge
Better
Street of Dreams
If the World
There Was a Time
Catcher N' the Rye (ft/Brian May)
Scraped
Riad N' the Bedouins
Sorry (ft/Sebastian Bach)
I.R.S.
Madagascar
This I Love
Prostitute

Lastly here's the first true single since Sympathy For The Devil in 1994, the title track Chinese Democracy. No video has been released as yet but the single came out on the 22nd of October. I quite like it!

TQQ5-8ctG4c

slickwilly13
28-Oct-2008, 07:30 AM
I heard on the radio today that Dr Pepper Company stated they would give away a free bottle of Dr Pepper if GNR released Chinese Democracy by the end of the year. So, we get a free bottle by going online.

Bub666
28-Oct-2008, 10:48 AM
Finally, after 14 years of waiting, Chinese Democracy will hit the stores on November 23rd. Here's the official cover:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/GNRchinesedemocracy.jpg

I'll believe it when I see it.

capncnut
28-Oct-2008, 10:50 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.
Here (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=DASDUDCROP0FRKC4D3DVAHA?_dy ncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=chinese+democracy&sc=albumTitleSP&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=%A0-Album&ks=960) you go, you can order it now. It's official.

Danny
28-Oct-2008, 10:57 AM
huh.

i thought they changed there name to velvet revolver years ago and this was just the "axle rose exerience":lol:

bassman
28-Oct-2008, 11:45 AM
huh.

i thought they changed there name to velvet revolver years ago and this was just the "axle rose exerience":lol:

*Ding Ding Ding* Whadda we have for him Johnny??

Exactly. Why keep the name? Is it even legal to keep the name with only one existing original member?:lol: Rose is just clinging on to the name of GNR because he knows he would be nowhere without it...

DjfunkmasterG
28-Oct-2008, 12:28 PM

BINGO. Their career ended with the Spaghetti Accident.

AcesandEights
28-Oct-2008, 01:40 PM

Yup. I'll appreciate what I can of their back catalog, but have never had much interest in seeing a re-launch of the group. Let it die, Axl...let it die.

capncnut
28-Oct-2008, 10:23 PM
Well, I've heard most of the finished new album last night and it f**king kicks ass!

Click (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=173726477&blogID=444548563) for my preview.

sandrock74
28-Oct-2008, 10:27 PM
Axl owns the name "Guns N' Roses" as well as the publishing rights to their music. Legally, he can do whatever he wants with it. I'm a HUGE GNR fan but all this is really, is Axl and a scab band.

Nice that we get a song for each year we've been waiting...geez.

capncnut
28-Oct-2008, 10:33 PM
Yes, Axl owns the name and IS Guns N' Roses, period! The new album is very good music and kicks the s**t out of most modern cocksucker groups in existence today.

Talking of which... Slash and Duff? They are in the worst corporate cocksucker band in history, Velvet Revolver. WTF? :lol:

Bub666
29-Oct-2008, 02:45 AM
I'll be getting this album when it comes out.:D

MikePizzoff
29-Oct-2008, 06:51 PM
I thought GnR was over 15+ years ago when Izzy left the band...

Yes, Axl owns the name and IS Guns N' Roses, period! The new album is very good music and kicks the s**t out of most modern cocksucker groups in existence today.

Talking of which... Slash and Duff? They are in the worst corporate cocksucker band in history, Velvet Revolver. WTF? :lol:

You're going to call Slash and Duff corporate for Velvet Revolver but not Axl for dragging the name GnR on for this many years and selling thousands of tickets to stadium shows then not even appearing?

I also extremely disagree with the "Axl IS Guns N Roses" comment. While he wrote the majority of the lyrics, he pretty much didn't contribute to any of them musically. Most of the GOOD tunes were written by Slash and Izzy (more so by Izzy). You can say Axl wrote a bunch of songs, musically, but those were all the freakin lame accoustic songs!!!

acealive1
29-Oct-2008, 08:23 PM

velvet revolver is more relavent that guns and roses has been the past 15 years or so even in a state where they've lost their lead singer. guns and roses had so many chances to do big things with just axl and he squandered the chance and made us wait another 4 years since they played on the mtv awards by surprise. any other group that no shows and or cancels events or walks off stage early only to incite a mass riot where they coulda been hero of the day for saving that metallica show needs to be shot for running out on fans.

sandrock74
29-Oct-2008, 09:27 PM
velvet revolver is more relavent that guns and roses has been the past 15 years or so even in a state where they've lost their lead singer. guns and roses had so many chances to do big things with just axl and he squandered the chance and made us wait another 4 years since they played on the mtv awards by surprise. any other group that no shows and or cancels events or walks off stage early only to incite a mass riot where they coulda been hero of the day for saving that metallica show needs to be shot for running out on fans.

Hell, I wouldn't have run out on stage to "save" a show right after Hetfield was lit on fire like the Human Torch! I wouldn't expect anyone else to, either.

capncnut
30-Oct-2008, 09:45 AM
I also extremely disagree with the "Axl IS Guns N Roses" comment. While he wrote the majority of the lyrics, he pretty much didn't contribute to any of them musically.
We shall see when the new album comes out. That's all.

velvet revolver is more relavent that guns and roses has been the past 15 years or so even in a state where they've lost their lead singer. guns and roses had so many chances to do big things with just axl and he squandered the chance and made us wait another 4 years since they played on the mtv awards by surprise.
Bullshat. Velevet Revolver have had just one good song in their entire career, Fall To Pieces, and guess what? It sounds just like Sweet Child O'Mine. Thank f**k Scott Weiland left before he destroyed his career forever.

What you forget Ace is that a lot is riding on this record and Axl is a total f**knut. Also the delays were not down to him 100%, as Chinese Democracy has been done since January and the record label held on to it until he finally persuaded Polydor to put it out.

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that Slash has listened to some of the new GNR album and has fully endorsed it, "It sounds cool. It's good to hear Axl's voice again." And Izzy Stradlin has appeared with them onstage a number of times now as well.

As a fan of the group, I'm looking forward to it.

AcesandEights
30-Oct-2008, 02:03 PM
Capn, your passion is persuasive and I hope you're right that the music is worthwhile. I'll wait to see what little snippets of the music I hear and then a make a decision.

All of this makes me wish there was more relevant (okay, at least semi-relevant), groundshaking rock out there. Anyone have any under-the-radar, not-yet corporately shilled recommendations?

As far as the whole deal with Metallic and the Montreal riot, I have mixed feelings. I always think of that silly 'Behind the Music' interview with Lars when he goes on about Guns N' Roses having a chance to go out there, do a 'blistering set' and be heroes, or some such nonsense...:rolleyes: Like I said, I have mixed feelings on the subject, but the assertion that their unwillingness to go on was the main cause of the riot, which I've heard in the past from some people, is irresponsible. The main reason for the riot was the dumbass people rioting over a concert going tits up :|

capncnut
30-Oct-2008, 02:57 PM
Capn, your passion is persuasive and I hope you're right that the music is worthwhile. I'll wait to see what little snippets of the music I hear and then a make a decision.
I think it's worthwhile. I'm sure a lot of GNR purists will despise it but I kinda like the fresher shift the band has taken. It very treble-heavy and also has a few 'worldly' flavours; flamenco, blues, electronica, etc. But Axl's voice and relentless guitar solos still keeps it firmly calibrated with the GNR we know and love...

...in a way. :D