PDA

View Full Version : Lost fans... Should I carry on watching it?

Neil
19-Feb-2008, 02:39 PM
We're about half way through the 3rd series and I must admit I'd found the last couple of episodes a little unrewarding - ie: Could have taken or left them!

Should I carry on watching them and the new 4th series?

Skippy911sc
19-Feb-2008, 05:41 PM
I was a little disappointed with the first episode from the latest series but it has started to get a little better. I enjoy the show and since I tivo it I don't have to watch 30 minutes of commercials. Worth a watch!

Terran
19-Feb-2008, 06:03 PM
I voted no....but then again....I thought the whole thing was pointless after the second episode......Has "anything" happened yet.....or just more and more unexplained peculiarities....

Danny
19-Feb-2008, 06:53 PM
i stopped watching lost on episode 3 of season 1, yknow, when it whent insane.

MinionZombie
19-Feb-2008, 08:34 PM
i stopped watching lost on episode 3 of season 1, yknow, when it whent insane.
So gimme the damn freebie season 1 boxset you got from your charitable Gamestation already! :)

I say keep watching, by the end of season 3 you get a flash forward and a great season finale. Season 4 has so far been cool, more flash forwards - so it's a new angle, we get to see what happens after the end, we get drip-fed clues which will all add up to the conclusion.

I think it gets better with each season to be honest. Keep watching it, quitting a show is for losers. See it out, you pussy! :D

*stomps around like R. Lee Ermey ... goes to fetch a garden hose*

Danny
19-Feb-2008, 08:49 PM
So gimme the damn freebie season 1 boxset you got from your charitable Gamestation already! :)

oh yeah funny sotry, 'member how i got that free with a buffy season 1 boxset?, well yesterday i finally sat down to watch it and in goes disc 1 and my UNIVERSAL dvd player says "WRONG -****ING- REGION ASSEHOLE!"...or something like that. i look on the box, the sleeves, the inside inserts, nowere on it IS a region symbol, this leads me to 2 possible hypothesis'

1: Its so old its encoded in some form of region coding thats so archaic its not recognised as any current region coding by my dvd player

2: since this came out when dvd were only in the states, not over here, maybe its some version of american regioning like copyright protection yknow?, so it couldnt be viewed in other countries before it came out, i wouldnt put that past fox.

Legion2213
19-Feb-2008, 10:21 PM
oh yeah funny sotry, 'member how i got that free with a buffy season 1 boxset?, well yesterday i finally sat down to watch it and in goes disc 1 and my UNIVERSAL dvd player says "WRONG -****ING- REGION ASSEHOLE!"...or something like that. i look on the box, the sleeves, the inside inserts, nowere on it IS a region symbol, this leads me to 2 possible hypothesis'

1: Its so old its encoded in some form of region coding thats so archaic its not recognised as any current region coding by my dvd player

2: since this came out when dvd were only in the states, not over here, maybe its some version of american regioning like copyright protection yknow?, so it couldnt be viewed in other countries before it came out, i wouldnt put that past fox.

Some copy protected discs won't play in Universal/Region Free DVD players, I believe some of the Babylon 5 Discs have this problem.

Now, if you have a DVD player that you made region free with a hack, I will be god damn worried, because I intend to buy said "B5 Complete Universe Box Set" in a few weeks.

Please tell me that your DVD is a full on Universal thingy and not a hacked machine...ta. :D

Oh, and LOST....I gave up half way through season three.

MinionZombie
20-Feb-2008, 10:16 AM
If it's got a BBFC rating on it, then it's Region 2 ... but perhaps the recode was gash ... but I duno about that 'too new a player for the disc' theory, surely it's the other way around, players that are 'too old' struggle to play the latest ones, or get hung up on the menus or something.

Watch it on your computer ... or gimme it! :D

ZombieGrrL
22-Mar-2008, 10:17 AM
I love Lost.... it's so more-ish.

I agree that it can be slightly frustrating when one thing is answered it's replaced by 10 more mysteries.... but I guess that is the appeal. Lost will end after 6 seasons so all the questions wil be answered in a couple of years.

I won't watch Lost on TV as I hate having to wait a week to see a new episode so I'm being very patient and will watch Season 4 when the boxset comes out on DVD, then I will watch every episode one after another... less frustrating! :)

I vote to keep watching it!