PDA

View Full Version : A question.

rightwing401
22-Feb-2008, 01:47 AM
Who here thinks, if in the distant or not so distant future, hispanic seperatists decide to seceed California from the union, that Serbia will be the first nation to offically recognize them?

Terran
22-Feb-2008, 01:55 AM
Hmm well this is sort of a Civil War question?

If a state/states Democratically decides to seceed from their government should the given previous government use military action to bring back "democracy" to them....?

acealive1
22-Feb-2008, 02:03 AM
it'll be like this "u wanna challenger the government? ok then,u dont got a green card then leave" i SWEAR it'll be like this. it'd be like an invansion is separatists tried that with california. california's going nowhere without blood spilled and guns fired

SRP76
22-Feb-2008, 02:20 AM
If they wanted to separate, why would they have come here in the first place?

Terran
22-Feb-2008, 02:35 AM

Hmm thats a mind bender.....do british people ask themselves the same question when it comes to "Americans"?

SRP76
22-Feb-2008, 02:59 AM
Hmm thats a mind bender.....do british people ask themselves the same question when it comes to "Americans"?

I'm pretty sure nobody in the U.S. had just swum across the Atlantic. The lion's share of hispanics in California were not born in the U.S. They - themselves, not their ancestors - came here.

Mike70
22-Feb-2008, 03:06 AM
i am predicting that this thread will get ultra interesting and probably closed in the not so distant future. so i haven't broken fred out in awhile but this thread is certainly going to provide entertainment to warrant it.

i predict a few meltdowns over this subject. so let me get comfortable with a snack.
http://alicia-logic.com/capsimages/gq_021FredFlies.jpg

Terran
22-Feb-2008, 03:09 AM
I'm pretty sure nobody in the U.S. had just swum across the Atlantic. The lion's share of hispanics in California were not born in the U.S. They - themselves, not their ancestors - came here.

How many of the Revolutionary War fighters were first or second generation "colonists"....

How many of the Civil War fighters from the north had just stepped off the boat....

i predict a few meltdowns over this subject. so let me get comfortable with a snack.
http://alicia-logic.com/capsimages/gq_021FredFlies.jpg

I dont often get angry in my responces....I would much prefer to demonstrate reasonable arguments and hope for reasonable responses that counter me...

Mike70
22-Feb-2008, 03:25 AM
part of my point ryan, which i should've made clear is that this is a total non-issue.

california is not going anywhere anytime soon and this whole thread is rather inflammatory and, to me, seems to be a giant bait laid out there for a folks that are so unbalanced in their views of the world that they will flame it. a little humor and sarcasm is the way to go.

if you want to engage in rightwing diatribes and what seems to me to be a giant bait thread i am sure there are plenty of forums dedicated to that sort of stuff.

the "aztlan" crowd are total fringe nutters and should be ignored at best shouted down at worst.

so folks that want to post this sort of sh*t on here and yes it is total crap shouldn't really expect much else...from me at least.

rightwing401
22-Feb-2008, 03:26 AM
I don't think anyone quite got what I meant. This has nothing to do with california seceeding, immigration or land rights, claim to ancestral land and what not.
It was about how the U.S. could have the right to say sepratists in our own lands wouldn't have the right to seceed when we give seperatists in Serbia the green light and a pat on the back. It was also about how I could see Serbia being the first country to recognize the said 'independent' land, they're way of saying "you f***ed us, now we f*** you."
My point is, we (the U.S.), have probably just unknowingly started some serious sh*t around the world.
And I see old fred is back.

Terran
22-Feb-2008, 03:30 AM
part of my point ryan, which i should've made clear is that this is a total non-issue.

I agree......

Thats kindof why I brought up the civil war.....to divert the ridiculousnous of this issue to something more real and comparitive...
Instead of letting it get nuked....try to steer it in a direction that is valid.....

It was about how the U.S. could have the right to say sepratists in our own lands wouldn't have the right to seceed when we give seperatists in Serbia the green light and a pat on the back.

Isnt that how governments work...the U.S. doesnt support sepratists within its borders for any cause....even if its for freedom....but if some area wants to seceed from a government and this area's message supports our interests or infringes on our enemies interests we will support them for reasons that make various politicians look good....

It was also about how I could see Serbia being the first country to recognize the said 'independent' land, they're way of saying "you f***ed us, now we f*** you."

A little bit of an unrealistic stretch....

My point is, we (the U.S.), have probably just unknowingly started some serious sh*t around the world.

We have done worse....this is just a little drop

p2501
23-Feb-2008, 03:30 AM
Who here thinks, if in the distant or not so distant future, hispanic seperatists decide to seceed California from the union, that Serbia will be the first nation to offically recognize them?

isn't this a tom clancy book.....

Publius
23-Feb-2008, 01:20 PM

Some were here all along, others think California never should have been taken from Mexico in the first place. Not that I think this is a likely scenario.