PDA

View Full Version : New Knight Rider series...

Neil
22-Feb-2008, 09:56 AM
Wasn't it on in the US a couple of days ago? Well? Any good?

MinionZombie
22-Feb-2008, 10:17 AM
Ain't watched it yet...will pimp comments when I finally get around to it.

bassman
22-Feb-2008, 12:06 PM
I watched about 15 minutes of it and then changed the channel, if that tells you anything.

It was pretty boring and mostly a long commercial for Ford...

Neil
22-Feb-2008, 12:10 PM
I watched about 15 minutes of it and then changed the channel, if that tells you anything.

It was pretty boring and mostly a long commercial for Ford...

15mins doesn't seem a 'fair chance?'

bassman
22-Feb-2008, 12:26 PM
15mins doesn't seem a 'fair chance?'

It was more than fair. I was really bored. I would rather watch Dr. Phil than that again.

EvilNed
22-Feb-2008, 12:30 PM
Was there ANY fan interest in reviving this show anyway?

Neil
22-Feb-2008, 12:32 PM
It was more than fair. I was really bored. I would rather watch Dr. Phil than that again.

Oh dear!

bassman
22-Feb-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm not saying you won't like it. It might be interesting to some, but it just wasn't my cup of tea...

Just a mustang zooming around sounding like a cyborg Val Kilmer....

MinionZombie
22-Feb-2008, 12:42 PM
I might have a flick through later, but if you want a major franchise in new funky TV form, got watch the Sarah Connor Chronicles, it's actually pretty nifty. The sixth episode was set in in the future world and was placed around the events that led to Kyle Reese's sending back in time (the actual direct events are off screen though), and the Summer-Glau-minator being sent back too.

It's a bit iffy here and there, but it blows T3 out of the water.

Neil
22-Feb-2008, 01:05 PM
I might have a flick through later, but if you want a major franchise in new funky TV form, got watch the Sarah Connor Chronicles, it's actually pretty nifty. The sixth episode was set in in the future world and was placed around the events that led to Kyle Reese's sending back in time (the actual direct events are off screen though), and the Summer-Glau-minator being sent back too.

It's a bit iffy here and there, but it blows T3 out of the water.

It's starting on UK TV tonight, so I'll start recording/watching it :)

MinionZombie
22-Feb-2008, 01:10 PM
Started on Virgin 1 last night.

The first couple of episodes are a bit ropey here and there, like they're getting into the swing of things, but it settles into a rhythm after that.

Skippy911sc
22-Feb-2008, 02:57 PM
I thought the knight rider pilot was not horrible. It kept my attention and made me laugh a few times. Whether it was supposed to or not...

The end had a cameo of Michael himself...and he wasn't drunk and eating...so I guess rehab is working out for him. I like the show and Tivo'd it in HD...I would agree about the Ford commercial...everthing in the show was ford...except for a few parts of the original Kitt. Give it a watch and give it more than 15 minutes...I know that it is time you will never get back...but think about this...so is the time spent watching Land or Day 08. :hyper:

PJoseph
22-Feb-2008, 03:52 PM
Knight Rider was terrible. And you would think that after NBC ruined Bionic Woman, they would have maybe tried to make this better.

Whereas, Sarah Connor Chronicles has started to become quite interesting and engaging! NBC should have watched that and figured out how to make something good.

And BTW, Jeff Dashenaw, the stunt coordinator behind Death Proof did the vehicle work on Knight Rider and it managed to be really dull! And it's not like you can't have good action on TV - 24, Prison Break, Terminator - they all manage to do it.

My thought is that they crapped this 2 hour show out pretty fast - most likely, the production team had no lead up. Too bad - there was chance there.

And the ratings, of course, did okay. So regardless of the crap reviews, it may have a shot at a series.

pJ

Mike70
22-Feb-2008, 07:31 PM
i just don't see my self getting into this one. i tried and well i was like blah, whatever didn't really do much for me.

the original knightrider - hell yes. even though that is not a show that i watch much anymore, i was the perfect age when it was first on to go nuts about it and i loved it as a kid. i'd rather remember knightrider that way.

AcesandEights
24-Feb-2008, 03:35 PM
I've heard bad...BAD things and will not be giving this tv show its 'fair chance'.

kidgloves
29-Mar-2008, 08:21 PM
Im normally quite scathing when it comes to updated tv shows for todays audience apart from BSG, but i really enjoyed this. i liked the way they integrated todays technology in kitt and the car is pure sex on wheels.
See. I admit it. The show appeals to me on a very base level and so did the original.
Give it a season at least.

Neil
01-Apr-2008, 02:18 PM
So do I bother watching this thing or not?

MinionZombie
01-Apr-2008, 06:00 PM
Well I've had it for weeks now ... and I've still not watched it. :p

kidgloves
02-Apr-2008, 07:55 PM

*** switch off brain, press play, enjoy ***

kidgloves
05-Apr-2008, 01:50 PM
This has been picked up as a series :)

http://www.tv.com/story/11098.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=news&tag=headlines;title;4