PDA

View Full Version : Kid suspended fro haircut

acealive1
28-Feb-2008, 12:40 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080227/ap_on_fe_st/odd_kindergarten_suspension_1

discrimination..........oooh lawsuit.

SRP76
28-Feb-2008, 01:49 AM
Bullsh*t. Like anyone NEEDS their 6-year-old kid to have a mohawk. A kid that young doesn't need to make a "fashion statement".

And parents that f*ck their kids' heads up like that should be slapped, anyway.

Mike70
28-Feb-2008, 01:57 AM
Bullsh*t. Like anyone NEEDS their 6-year-old kid to have a mohawk. A kid that young doesn't need to make a "fashion statement".

indeed. WTF. just stick a bowl on the kids head and cut around it. the kid is 6 for fraks sake i doubt anyone will notice.

mohawks are what you do to yourself when you want to rebel from your parents. jesus having parents actually wanting their kids to wear mohawks negates the purpose of it.

SRP76
28-Feb-2008, 02:03 AM
I love how she was warned MULTIPLE times about this, and went ahead. Typical dumbass, she scoured the "rulebook" to find the most pain-in-the-ass thing she could "get away with", and tried to pass it off just to be a bitch.

Love the mentality. Where's a picture of this mother? She's probably a crackhead from the ass-end of Sugarfoot. Has just enough "knowledge" to keep her in trouble.

acealive1
28-Feb-2008, 02:11 AM
I love how she was warned MULTIPLE times about this, and went ahead. Typical dumbass, she scoured the "rulebook" to find the most pain-in-the-ass thing she could "get away with", and tried to pass it off just to be a bitch.

Love the mentality. Where's a picture of this mother? She's probably a crackhead from the ass-end of Sugarfoot. Has just enough "knowledge" to keep her in trouble.
yet someone sends their kids to school with twisties and its fine.

SRP76
28-Feb-2008, 02:15 AM
"Twisties"?

You mean those things you use to close garbage bags.....?

acealive1
28-Feb-2008, 02:18 AM
"Twisties"?

You mean those things you use to close garbage bags.....?
take a huge clump of hair pull it taught, wrap a rubber band around the base, repeat til there no more hair left.

SRP76
28-Feb-2008, 02:20 AM
take a huge clump of hair pull it taught, wrap a rubber band around the base, repeat til there no more hair left.

That sounds like just about the dumbest thing.....

But anyway, I'm pretty sure having what would look (I imagine, from your description) like a rubber tentacle bobbing from the top of your head would also NOT be allowed.

acealive1
28-Feb-2008, 02:37 AM
That sounds like just about the dumbest thing.....

But anyway, I'm pretty sure having what would look (I imagine, from your description) like a rubber tentacle bobbing from the top of your head would also NOT be allowed.

i've seen it happen

_liam_
28-Feb-2008, 06:49 AM
So you are supporting people telling parents how their kids should wear their hair?

I bet you are the same people who complain about the government interfering with your lives :annoyed: .

SRP76
28-Feb-2008, 07:03 AM
So you are supporting people telling parents how their kids should wear their hair?

I bet you are the same people who complain about the government interfering with your lives :annoyed: .

I support parents having half a brain, yes.

When you are told THREE TIMES that "this is what is acceptable, and this is what is not", and you STILL can't get it through your head and abide by the rules laid down, I have no pity.

It's THEIR school, not hers. They have every right in the world to decide what is acceptable in their space, and what isn't.

_liam_
28-Feb-2008, 07:05 AM
Yes that's true, I can't be arsed with needlessly contrary people who test the rules just to feel empowered in some way.

But again, you guys said it best - what does it matter how a kid that young wears his hair? It's just silliness.

blind2d
28-Feb-2008, 12:39 PM
silliness and egotistical vanity on the part of the parents.

Mutineer
28-Feb-2008, 12:44 PM
You guys are pissed at the kid and the mother ? Are you kidding me ?

I'd fight this **** to the highest court. It's a hawk. Big ****ing deal.

I'm not even following the angst towards the mother in this situation.

-

:annoyed: :annoyed:

bassman
28-Feb-2008, 06:08 PM

:lol:

My brother's ex girlfriend had a 3 year old with a mohawk!

I knew then that she was a skanky ho.:lol:

acealive1
28-Feb-2008, 06:25 PM

its in the bill of rights, check it.

SRP76
29-Feb-2008, 12:03 AM
:lol:

My brother's ex girlfriend had a 3 year old with a mohawk!

I knew then that she was a skanky ho.:lol:

Damn. I know if I woke up one morning with a mohawk, I would have slapped my father (well, tried to, anyway; he was bigger than me, after all).

It's like these people sit around and wonder, "hmmm....how can I get my kid beat up at school today?". Rest assured, a kid saddled with a mohawk at a public school WILL get beat up....a lot. Why the hell would you torment your kid like that?

Mike70
29-Feb-2008, 12:29 AM
to clarify my part in this liam. if this was the govt. i would be screaming and howling about it from the rooftops but it isn't the govt. it is a school district that is charged with educating kids not in dealing with or caring about what they want. as such it has the right to put certain restrictions on what kids can say, and do at school and over what they wear to school and over how they manaage their appearance during school hours.

schools can require kids to wear uniforms and adhere to certain other standards of dress and this hair restriction goes right along with those restrictions - iin my opinion.

strayrider
29-Feb-2008, 04:31 PM
to clarify my part in this liam. if this was the govt. i would be screaming and howling about it from the rooftops but it isn't the govt. it is a school district that is charged with educating kids not in dealing with or caring about what they want. as such it has the right to put certain restrictions on what kids can say, and do at school and over what they wear to school and over how they manaage their appearance during school hours.

schools can require kids to wear uniforms and adhere to certain other standards of dress and this hair restriction goes right along with those restrictions - iin my opinion.

This took place at a charter school. Their standards are even more strict than in the public system. This kid obviously has something going for him to even be accepted in the charter system, to bad his mother is so dumb. Wonder if she sends him to his room when she smokes her dope, or does she just lets it "all hang out"?

:D

-stray-

SRP76
29-Feb-2008, 09:51 PM
This took place at a charter school. Their standards are even more strict than in the public system. This kid obviously has something going for him to even be accepted in the charter system, to bad his mother is so dumb. Wonder if she sends him to his room when she smokes her dope, or does she just lets it "all hang out"?

:D

-stray-

She has him weigh her sh*t out for her, and claims it "helps him with his math skills".