View Full Version : Fake religion much?

acealive1
28-Feb-2008, 03:49 PM
http://www.boingboing.net/2008/02/27/l-ron-hubbard-plagia.html

oopsie

CoinReturn
28-Feb-2008, 06:17 PM
Posting a link without any of your own insight is just lazy. Tell us how you feel about the subjects you post.

acealive1
28-Feb-2008, 06:23 PM
Posting a link without any of your own insight is just lazy. Tell us how you feel about the subjects you post.

says the guy no ones every seen on here...........

Marie
28-Feb-2008, 06:24 PM
So.... aside from being one of the WORST science fiction writers of all time he stole the idea for Scienceology too? I'm stunned.....:rolleyes:

M_

Mike70
28-Feb-2008, 06:26 PM
So.... aside from being one of the WORST science fiction writers of all time he stole the idea for Scienceology too? I'm stunned.....:rolleyes:

M_

yes this sort of thing really doesn't surprise me at all. look into hubbard's life the man's entire existence was one big pose.

MinionZombie
28-Feb-2008, 06:37 PM
Ace, could you maybe lump some of these news items together into one post, rather than individual posts for each?

3 or 4 links per post, something like that. Otherwise it just becomes a barrage.

Cheers. :)

On the topic at hand, if I read the comments right, it appears as if "scientology" originated as a mocking term for pseudo-science ... so considering Cruise's rant against psychology and that whole Brooke Shields thing, it's a big old blast of the irony horn, eh?

acealive1
28-Feb-2008, 06:41 PM
Ace, could you maybe lump some of these news items together into one post, rather than individual posts for each?

3 or 4 links per post, something like that. Otherwise it just becomes a barrage.

Cheers. :)

On the topic at hand, if I read the comments right, it appears as if "scientology" originated as a mocking term for pseudo-science ... so considering Cruise's rant against psychology and that whole Brooke Shields thing, it's a big old blast of the irony horn, eh?

sorry. uhh i'll make a huge new post. next time :( i apologize

Danny
28-Feb-2008, 08:25 PM
i aint surprised the irony of the matter is whens the last time anyone saw jehova, Ra, odin, zues, hell any of em aye?....yeah thats right. you know what im sayin' :lol:

acealive1
28-Feb-2008, 08:50 PM
i aint surprised the irony of the matter is whens the last time anyone saw jehova, Ra, odin, zues, hell any of em aye?....yeah thats right. you know what im sayin' :lol:

dont let cap see this :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

EvilNed
28-Feb-2008, 09:35 PM
Isn't pretty much all religions plagiarized from some earlier form? Islam is obviously just a rewrite of christianity and judaism. Christianity a rewrite of judaism. Judaism a rewrite of Zoroastrianism. Etc. etc.

Danny
28-Feb-2008, 10:11 PM
all these stem from the true stories passed down by the one true god via his noodly appendage :lol:

capncnut
28-Feb-2008, 11:08 PM
http://www.frankied.com/pub/img/usr/tommy_davis.100.jpg

<Tommy Davis enters thread

stands quietly

observing>

:D

Mike70
28-Feb-2008, 11:14 PM

stands quietly

observing>

:eek: everybody say nice things about scientology and tom cruise until this muppet leaves lest we all get sued.:lol:

acealive1
28-Feb-2008, 11:15 PM

stands quietly

observing>

i warned u guys

*runs away*

Mike70
29-Feb-2008, 12:20 AM
ace why do you leave such huge gaps in your posts? are you trying to hold us in suspense?

bassman
29-Feb-2008, 12:24 AM
ace why do you leave such huge gaps in your posts? are you trying to hold us in suspense?

:lol:

I'm not surprised by this scientology "news".

capncnut
29-Feb-2008, 12:29 AM
says the guy no ones every seen on here...
I'll have you know CR has been here a lot longer than yourself and is quite prolific in the games forum thank you very much.

And fills up more space than you. :p

Kaos
29-Feb-2008, 12:37 AM
The technology addles him resulting in the observed inanity.

capncnut
29-Feb-2008, 12:50 AM
<spits beer on monitor> :lol:

Danny
29-Feb-2008, 01:41 AM

thank you kelsey grammar. *salutes*

ProfessorChaos
29-Feb-2008, 05:28 AM
what is this, "rip on ace day"?

capncnut
29-Feb-2008, 05:50 AM
No, little Alex. Feast your glazzies on those gloopy posts and you'll viddy why some of us droogs are giving malenky tolchocks to the Ace. But no razrez droogie, not in my rassoodock.

ProfessorChaos
29-Feb-2008, 05:54 AM
wow, capn, you are fairly adapted to droog-speak. i read the book and now own it, think i may read it again to try to be able to drop lingo like you, sir. i am in awe.:thumbsup:

you don't happen to have a link to a translator, do ya?

by the way, did you have an avatar of alex anytime recently? i've been thinking of switching mine to that for a while, but it seem to me that someone else had one recently....

capncnut
29-Feb-2008, 06:04 AM
The Nadsat glossary at the end of the book definitely helps, it's something I browsed over and over as a teen in amazement. Probably had Alex or Dim as my avatar some time ago when I chopped and changed them daily.

Nadsat glossary (http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/nadsat.html)

ProfessorChaos
29-Feb-2008, 06:20 AM
Zammechat, my bratty! That dorogoy list gives me a sodding pan-handle!:lol:

capncnut
29-Feb-2008, 06:24 AM
Haha. That drencrom gives you a pan-handle real horrorshow! :lol:

Terran
29-Feb-2008, 06:28 AM
Welp....now you have done it capn....

Thats all we need is two people talking like that....one person can be ignored....*sigh*....

:)

clanglee
29-Feb-2008, 08:09 AM
Oh my brother, how dare you gavoreet such grazhny slovos? Nadsat speech is real horrorshow. Best you beware, oh my brother, lest we get our rookers on you for a bit of the old ultraviolence. ;)

ProfessorChaos
29-Feb-2008, 11:28 AM
Chepooka, Terran! Stop acting like a baboochka, it's not that baddiwad. In fact, I think it's a real choodessny eerga to filly!

Andy
29-Feb-2008, 02:35 PM
Bam. :dead: