PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else watch the Ultimate Fighter?

Arcades057
21-Apr-2006, 03:13 AM
Been going pretty much the way I thought it would; Noah's win against the loud-mouth kid andthen Kendall beating the Irishman (dammit). Anyone got a pick to win yet? I'm thinking either Tait or the English fella.

Edit: Hahah, I've gotten 2 negative reps from this post. Some of you little girls need to grow a pair and stop watching Will and Grace.

Terran
21-Apr-2006, 05:41 AM
I wanna see the deaf kid fight....I hope he does good....too bad hes an amatuer....

Isnt Shamrock a dumbass...

slickwilly13
21-Apr-2006, 04:48 PM
Watched it last night.

*SPOILERS* Don't read if you didn't watch it.

Ross loses by rear naked choke in the 1st round. That guy wouldn't listen to sh#t! He might be a good striker, but his ground skills suck. I hope the deaf guy wins, too.

Adrenochrome
21-Apr-2006, 04:54 PM
Isn't that the show that Couch Potato Boxers watch?

slickwilly13
21-Apr-2006, 04:56 PM
Well, I am a combat athlete, but far from a couch spud. :)

Adrenochrome
21-Apr-2006, 05:06 PM
Well, I am a combat athlete, but far from a couch spud. :)
Actually, I was asking Fartcades057 - REAL "toughguys" don't watch Glam Fight!!! or "TV Slap-A-Lot"

idsaluteyoubub
21-Apr-2006, 09:21 PM
Actually, I was asking Fartcades057 - REAL "toughguys" don't watch Glam Fight!!! or "TV Slap-A-Lot"

Have you watched UFC at all? Nothin too glam when they fight...its pretty hardcore.

Back in the day they were allowed to do anything, including crotch shots:dead:

glsjaw
21-Apr-2006, 09:54 PM
being a long time Follower of the UFC (since day one actually) my opinion of this seasons fighters is there all a bunch of babies, sure ed should of been the first picked by either side, his training is top notch coming from team quest and in my opinion this seasons ringer (because each season has had one) but he doesnt have to keep going on about it. and i sure hope someone takes out Team Dagger quick.
Overall i hope Kens team dominates just because i have followed him for a long time.

And whos excited for the Gracie/hughs fight.

And Matt (the deaf Kid) also has a great backround with trainers and even experience

Adrenochrome
21-Apr-2006, 10:07 PM
Have you watched UFC at all? Nothin too glam when they fight...its pretty hardcore.

I've seen better brawls at a playground.

Tullaryx
21-Apr-2006, 10:11 PM
As much as UFC is fun to watch and this reality show of theirs cool to see amateur fighters try and make it, they'll get killed (UFC pros and ams alike) by the stable of fighters from Pride FC.

slickwilly13
22-Apr-2006, 12:38 AM
Yeah, that Team Dagger nonsense got old quick. No worries though, Ken claimed that the black guy had no ground skills. And if that's the case, then he'll go down like Ross. I need to catch Gracie/Hughes.

Arcades057
22-Apr-2006, 03:37 AM
Adreno, anyone who says what you just said has either never seen the UFC or is lying. BTW, I thought you'd stopped taking cheap shots at me. Buzz off.

I'm waiting to see the deaf guy too. I hope they do something like they did in he first season and have a grudge match between Bigsbi (the English guy) and him.

DAGGER! Got almost as tedious as the second season of the Ultimate Fighter...

Anyone catch UFC 59 (I think that was the number), the one that was just on pay per view?

***SPOILER***

The judges are crap. Forrest won that fight and they gave it to Tito out of pity. He's one of the few fighters that tries to stay up the whole fight and go blow for blow. I want to see him fight Liddell. THAT would be a pay per view to remember!!!

Who does everyone like in the Gracy-Hughes fight? I got Hughes, round 1, by a knock out.

glsjaw
22-Apr-2006, 09:59 PM
As much as UFC is fun to watch and this reality show of theirs cool to see amateur fighters try and make it, they'll get killed (UFC pros and ams alike) by the stable of fighters from Pride FC

now thats funny, when a fighter wants to get his record up he goes to Pride but when he wants to fight real fighters they hope for the call from Dana.
MY opinion on the problems with pride is:
the refs stop the fight to early
no elbows (come on what kinda fight is that)

And I hope Gracie wins against Hughes but I will have to go with Hughes in
2nd round by KO by knee.
if you like predicting you gotta check out the UFC website and do the fantasy UFC

p2501
22-Apr-2006, 10:30 PM
Adreno opens his mouth, and a new shi-t puddle falls out.

mind the mess kids. :rolleyes:

Arcades057
23-Apr-2006, 02:40 AM
Adreno opens his mouth, and a new shi-t puddle falls out.

mind the mess kids.

Dude you made me spit Coke all over the keyboard with that one.

I've never watched any Pride fighting, but from what I've heard the people from the UFC go there and rule. Didn't Wanderlai Silva come from the UFC?

glsjaw
23-Apr-2006, 04:34 PM
thru the years alot of UFC fighters have gone to fight Pride but come back to the big show, alot of times they dont do so good when they return just because there wasnt top notch compitition where they were at, and not just Pride (king of the cage and numerous other Ufc type style compition) dont get me wrong Diego Sancheze ruled at king of the cage and is a dominate threat in his weight class in the UFC

Tullaryx
24-Apr-2006, 01:45 PM
Dude you made me spit Coke all over the keyboard with that one.

I've never watched any Pride fighting, but from what I've heard the people from the UFC go there and rule. Didn't Wanderlai Silva come from the UFC?

Silva did come from UFC but he didn't hit his peak until he switched over to Pride. If UFC has one advantage in fighters its in the lightweight division. Pride just has too many heavyweights who are hard to take down and at the same time trained for stand-up. I can't see Matt Hughes, Tim Sylvia and any of the UFC heavies being able to take on Mirko Crocop, Fedor Emelianko, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria. The one time Liddell went to fight in Pride he was abused by Quentin Jackson. Really, talk of UFC fighters ranking up scores in their records by going to Pride is abit misleading since UFC fighters do not fight the top fighters in Pride which happens to be the best heavyweights in MMA.

Also, elbows may not be allowed in Pride while the opponent is down like in UFC, but kneeing and kicking them is while its not in the UFC. Both systems have had rules to make the sport more palatable to the gaming commissions that has to ok the tourneys. The one reason why the purportedly Pride FC vs UFC tourney to be held in Vegas hasn't come to fruition is Dana White wanting more of the fights to be between middle and lightweights and using UFC rules over Pride FC rules. UFC seem to have concentrated on signing American fighters more and more while Pride FC is abit more diverse though lately it's been dominated by the Eastern Euros in the heavyweight division.