Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UK - Red Dwarf - New episodes in April...

Administrator

England

UK - Red Dwarf - New episodes in April...

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2009/...warf-specials/

Showing on Dave:
    Friday, April 10th: Red Dwarf: Back to Earth - Part One
    Saturday, April 11th: Red Dwarf: Back to Earth - Part Two
    Sunday, April 12th: Red Dwarf: Back to Earth - Part Three
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Kazakhstan
    Have you seen where the episodes are set? I'm not gonna wreck anything, but I feel a bit cautious about this one
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I want to lie shipwrecked and comatose...

United Kingdom
    ... drinking fresh mango juice!

I will watch them. But I'm not hopeful.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Super Moderator

UK
    New Red Dwarf with a bit of danger, is better than no new Red Dwarf at all.

I've got the lot on DVD - all lined up ... mmm, nice. Just like the entire X-Files saga ... an equally sexy vision when all lined up on a shelf.

But what about Kochanski? And what about the ending of Red Dwarf 8?

Ooh - fanboy'splosion...

Liam - if you're referring to the bit of filming they did where they shoot Coronation Street, it's only for a very small part of the whole thing. If you're not on about that bit, what are you on about?

Undisclosed
    It will be funny to see the dwarfers back on the small screen!! Their all jus' so funny, lookin' forward to watching dave!!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Some of the old stuff feels a bit dated sometimes...

But I still love Psirens, all those eps...amazing...

And the later ep where Kryton is being worked on, the dude unscrews two tiny screws from between his legs...

....and his head falls off.....

classic!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Even the oldest episodes, while from a production design and special effects stand point are quite basic, the scripts still hold up as strongly as ever - thus keeping the episodes right up there with the best comedy ever written.

England
    I hope it comes back decent & not shit like so many TV shows they bring back after an extended leave!nothing worse than cringing at a watered down,politically correct version of one of your favourite teenage shows!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I hope it comes back decent & not shit like so many TV shows they bring back after an extended leave!nothing worse than cringing at a watered down,politically correct version of one of your favourite teenage shows!
    I doubt it'll be like that.

I'm in good spirits for it, although I was surprised the BBC weren't showing it, and instead it was Dave (who mostly show BBC shows all the time) ... I guess they're looking to do more of their own stuff/take over some reigns. They do show repeats of Red Dwarf after all - and better Dave gets in there than the BBC fucking them around for another decade.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Even the oldest episodes, while from a production design and special effects stand point are quite basic, the scripts still hold up as strongly as ever - thus keeping the episodes right up there with the best comedy ever written.
    Definitely- you can tell it's old but calling it dated is a little harsh because the writing is still so funny and relevant
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

United Kingdom
    Apprehensive as always, but I really hope it works... and is funny of course!

Dave was a bit of a weird choice to air it on I thought, but if it gives them more creative freedom then props to them.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I doubt it'll be like that.

I'm in good spirits for it, although I was surprised the BBC weren't showing it, and instead it was Dave (who mostly show BBC shows all the time) ... I guess they're looking to do more of their own stuff/take over some reigns. They do show repeats of Red Dwarf after all - and better Dave gets in there than the BBC fucking them around for another decade.
    Dave is owned by the BBC.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Dave is owned by the BBC.
    Well, Dave is owned by UKTV, which is, in turn, part-owned by the BBC as an external commercial venture (i.e. basically a means of allowing them to make money from advertisement without breaking their non-commercial remit). The new show is also part-funded by Richard Branson's Virgin empire, which also owns the remainder of UKTV, so that explains why it's showing up on Dave first and not the show's traditional home on BBC2.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Well, Dave is owned by UKTV, which is, in turn, part-owned by the BBC as an external commercial venture (i.e. basically a means of allowing them to make money from advertisement without breaking their non-commercial remit). The new show is also part-funded by Richard Branson's Virgin empire, which also owns the remainder of UKTV, so that explains why it's showing up on Dave first and not the show's traditional home on BBC2.
    Interesting ... and now another reason why I can lambast the BBC for not sticking to their "charter".

All that license fee taxation, plus being able to wangle a load of commerical cash out of your own products, and this co-owned channel evidently ... wellity wellity well...