Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Zombie movie poster

Undisclosed

Favourite Zombie movie poster

This question may have been asked before but what Zombie film poster is your favourite?

I like the US posters for Dawn and Day of the Dead (the original films).
    I also really like the Italian posters painted by Enzo Sciotti (The Beyond and City Of The Living Dead are two examples).
    If anyone can post a photo of their favourite that would be cool.

capncnut
    Kinda like this one for some reason.

Spanish poster for Night Of The Living Dead. I would've posted a bigger one but that was all I could find.
    Last edited by capncnut; 07-Jun-2007 at 01:25 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs up

I really like this one.
    I can identify every zombie in the poster except for the black guy in the middle. Can anybody shed some light on his identity?

http://www.movieposter.com/poster/MP..._the_Dead.html

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

I really like this one.
    I can identify every zombie in the poste...[/url]
    Nice! Machete-to-the-head zombie is very well captured in that art. Sorry, I don't know the black guy at center, but Philly Swat will/should/might (if anyone is likely to know, that is).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah he would. lol

That's actually the poster and cover box art to the european cut. They've done weird things to this film for sure in order to make it appeal more to the european audience, but to put a totally random zombie front and center !?! There has to be an explanation for this. The truth is out there !!

United States

Still my favorite, Its obvious, but my love for every part of that production knows no bounds

Though this is a close second

DAwn is no 1 becasue its a graphic design and noone does that anymore
    Last edited by coma; 06-Jun-2007 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The walking dead from that movie zombie always freaked me out cause they shambled around with their eyes closed. Good stuff.

United States
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I can identify every zombie in the poster except for the black guy in the middle. Can anybody shed some light on his identity?
    I think some dude just painted in a zombified Ben from Night. Why though, I have no idea...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i pefer the foriegn dawn one that says "zombie" it was on the wall in the flat from spaced, trying to find that one for that size is a bugger.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I really dig My Italian Dawn 1978 poster, which is exactly the poster Darth Los is looking for. I have one in French and one in Italian. They both say Zombi on them.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Nice! Machete-to-the-head zombie is very well captured in that art. Sorry, I don't know the black guy at center, but Philly Swat will/should/might (if anyone is likely to know, that is).
    I appreciate the vote of cofidence! Unfortunately, in this case, I do not know the answer. I have thought of the question before, and wondered... "who the hell is that supposed to be?" While it does look kinda like a zombiefied Ben from Night, but that wouldnt make much sense. But then again, sometimes foreign people doing something related to American things do things that really dont make sense, so I guess that is possible. Also, the shirt the black guy is wearing reminds me of what somebody in Hati might wear, therefore, some foreign artists may have thrown that in, associating Hati with previoius, non-GAR zombie movies.

I also thought that perhaps it was a crappy representation of Peter, who, regardless of the actors order in the credits, seems like the star of the movie to me.

Christmas Island
    Well the US poster for Dawn (78) is my fav but this one I kinda like too:

It reminds me of the TV Chiller intro on WPIX, if anyone is old enough to remember that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I appreciate the vote of cofidence! Unfortunately, in this case, I do not know the answer. I have thought of the question before, and wondered... "who the hell is that supposed to be?" While it does look kinda like a zombiefied Ben from Night, but that wouldnt make much sense. But then again, sometimes foreign people doing something related to American things do things that really dont make sense, so I guess that is possible. Also, the shirt the black guy is wearing reminds me of what somebody in Hati might wear, therefore, some foreign artists may have thrown that in, associating Hati with previoius, non-GAR zombie movies.

I also thought that perhaps it was a crappy representation of Peter, who, regardless of the actors order in the credits, seems like the star of the movie to me.

If the zombie in that poster had a bullet hole right between the eyes than it definitely would have been ben, since that's how he died. Good guess on the hatian theory though. I guess this is another anomoly in the trilogy that we'll struggle for a while to find an explanation for, like why are the two zombified kids at the airport running. ( uh-oh, did i dig that up again? Yep)

Undisclosed
    Not the most attractive of "Dawn" posters, but certainly the most unusual (and one of the rarest as well) - from Germany:

Funniest thing about this poster is that the blurb above the "Zombie" logo translates, "A nightmare that could become reality..."
    "Add the Calgon!"