Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP: 'Macho Man' Randy Savage

Super Moderator

United States

RIP: 'Macho Man' Randy Savage

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As I said in the shoutbox.....Heart Attack - no surprise there.

It's strange seeing that bottom photo on TMZ. No black hair dye and he almost looks like a normal person....

Dying

United States
    I'll always remember him as the guy that I never understood as a child. I don't mean that he was a complicated person, I mean that I literally didn't understand a word coming out of his mouth. For example:

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchified View Post
    I'll always remember him as the guy that I never understood as a child. I don't mean that he was a complicated person, I mean that I literally didn't understand a word coming out of his mouth. For example:

You know why he snorted at the end, right? *L*

Scotland
    I'm strangely near tears here.

Part of my childhood, was one of my favorite wrestlers.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    this is honestly one of the saddest days in my entire life, i saw him wrestle live a few times and never got tired of his whole persona. he just had that it factor besides being a natural athlete. one of the best ever has just left us.

the last time i felt like this, owen hart and brian pillman had died and i had just seen them wrestle quite recently before that time.

England
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah shit.

RIP Macho Man
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    I told him to *not* snap into that last Slim Jim, but he just didn't listen...

Funny story, I actually used to work with Mr. Fuji (yes, THAT Mr. Fuji) at the theatre I was an assistant manager at during college (from 2003 - 2006). Fuji's retired and doesn't really need money, but he enjoyed being the usher there just to take tickets and be around people so he wouldn't go crazy sitting around at home. Fuji could barely walk from his wrestling injuries and you had to strain to listen to a damn thing the man said (not that he was ever terribly coherent to begin with).

Fuji would tell some whoppers of some stories about some of these Macho Man type wrestlers from back in the 80's (some of which I wonder if it was BS or if the truth), from telling Rick Flair back in the early 70's or so: "Hey, that whooo thing you just did sounded really good, you should use that as your trademark!" to how basically EVERYONE in the 80's did copious amounts of that specific Columbian nose candy. Seems that stuff catches up with you after awhile, after all.

I do recall a few of Fuji's stories though, one of which was that he really missed Andre The Giant because he said Andre had a heart of pure gold and how shocking it was to see his friend Ted Debiassy (spelling? Anyway, the Million Dollar Man) go from being one of the bigger drug-takers (and assholes) into a complete 180 turn after finding God and becoming a missionary.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    this is honestly one of the saddest days in my entire life, i saw him wrestle live a few times and never got tired of his whole persona. he just had that it factor besides being a natural athlete. one of the best ever has just left us.
    Troo dat, but I was sadder a few years back when I wikied Miss Elizabeth and found out she'd already been dead awhile...

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Troo dat, but I was sadder a few years back when I wikied Miss Elizabeth and found out she'd already been dead awhile...

dont u hate those,man? theres a few wrestlers/actors like that where u dont know if they're alive til u wiki them.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    dont u hate those,man? theres a few wrestlers/actors like that where u dont know if they're alive til u wiki them.
    Dooood, the other day I wikied Robert Schimmel, a hilarious comedian, because I wanted to see if he was still touring, and I find out he's been dead for about a year. All the shit in the guy's past that should've killed him, but he ends up biting it in a car crash.
    Maybe I should only wiki stars I hate, like Tom Cruise or Russell Brand or...

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Weird you mention it, but the first thing I did after hearing about Randy Savage this afternoon was wiki Miss Elizabeth. That was definitely sad.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Yeah, I new Elizabeth was gone for awhile now. Very sad end too. Bummed to hear Schimmel is gone too, had no idea. RIP Macho Man as well. Back in the day when he turned from heel to hero was one of the most exciting events ever at the time.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Weird you mention it, but the first thing I did after hearing about Randy Savage this afternoon was wiki Miss Elizabeth. That was definitely sad.
    Wait, I wikied her right after that one wrestler roided out or something. She was too beautiful to be done in like that. A queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Bummed to hear Schimmel is gone too, had no idea.
    That one was rough, I'd thought he;d even semi recently had a newer special aired, but then I have no real concept of time. Could've been awhile back, but dang, he'd survived some schnit. His earlier HBO special I had on VHS, and it always had me in tears. Why couldn't that have happened to someone like Mencia, or Dane Cook?
    Kidding, but still...

United States
    What a bummer. is matches were always at least solid, if not phenomenal, and his intensity on the mic is still unrivaled.

At least we'll have the memories, like this: