Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadliest Warrior: IRA vs. Taliban

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed

Deadliest Warrior: IRA vs. Taliban

Don't forget to check this out on Spike tonight, and see the IRA dish out some pain on the ragheads.
    Last edited by Pógmothóin; 31-May-2009 at 06:58 PM.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    No thanks. If I want to watch two gangs of thuggish religious bigots beat the shit out of each other I'll go to a Rangers/Celtic match.

United States
    Ragheads?

Wow.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    Ragheads?

Wow.
    I meant it as a term of endearment, really. The way they stone their women and publicly execute them in soccer stadiums, and deprive their people of music and television and "secular" books is just so great.

We should all love the Taliban.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    No thanks. If I want to watch two gangs of thuggish religious bigots beat the shit out of each other I'll go to a Rangers/Celtic match.
    "if ye cannae do the bouncy your a tim!"

Anyway in response to the post,the taliban & IRA are both a bunch of cowardly "religious" fuckwits who enjoy blowing civilians up because they're too chickenshit to engage our forces in open combat,both groups can die of aids as far as im concerned

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    "if ye cannae do the bouncy your a tim!"

Anyway in response to the post,the taliban & IRA are both a bunch of cowardly "religious" fuckwits who enjoy blowing civilians up because they're too chickenshit to engage our forces in open combat,both groups can die of aids as far as im concerned
    In fairness, the earliest incarnation of the IRA was a very different organisation to what we know today - it was a desperate, some would say heroic, reaction to the inexcusable ill-treatment of the Irish by Great Britain in the early part of the 20th century. However, they gradually turned into a bigoted, cowardly terrorist group, who sadly still engender support (particularly in America) based on out-of-touch people who have never had any contact with any of the violence and hate they spread latterly, who still associate them with fresh-faced freedom fighters of yore and not the gnarled hooligans of modern reality.

The same goes for all the Unionist groups as well.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 31-May-2009 at 09:38 PM.

ViP

United States
    Deadliest Warrior is a fun show, btw. If you are into Mythbusters at all, this show takes the forensic dummy aspect, and then beast the tar out of it with weapons to gauge the potential damage. At the end of the show, they reveal which camp would beat the other. They are running out of good battles though. It wont be long before it'll be Han Solo vs. Boba Fett. I wish they'd do a tournament at the end of the season to find out who was the best/weakest. So far my vote for weakest would be Ninja, and strongest going to Spetsnaz.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Deadliest Warrior is a fun show, btw. If you are into Mythbusters at all, this show takes the forensic dummy aspect, and then beast the tar out of it with weapons to gauge the potential damage. At the end of the show, they reveal which camp would beat the other. They are running out of good battles though. It wont be long before it'll be Han Solo vs. Boba Fett. I wish they'd do a tournament at the end of the season to find out who was the best/weakest. So far my vote for weakest would be Ninja, and strongest going to Spetsnaz.
    Yeah, I've been enjoying the show, but I'm with you #1, they're already starting to run thin on match ups it seems (especially judging by this latest one...) & #2 I totally agree they should do it tournament style.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Pógmothóin View Post
    Don't forget to check this out on Spike tonight, and see the IRA dish out some pain on the ragheads.
    Quote Originally Posted by HPotD Rules
    Discriminating against someone because of their race, background, religion or other issues is not tolerated. Offending comments will be removed and the originator warned.
    One more like that and this thread is toast.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Deadliest Warrior is a fun show, btw.
    It definitely is and the Spetsnaz episode was great.

As far as using a racist term to disparage a terrorist group? Kind of a cunt-faced, backwards way of looking at it, but that's just my opinion. Guess I just love the Taliban

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Viking beat by a samurai? Bah!

While it did seem like they actually took it somewhat seriously, I find it kinda hard to believe (at least in this instance) exactly what evidence they had that made the samurai "quicker" and more "agile". Apart from Hollywood movies, that is.

Are both not warrior classes? Are both not taught to fight from birth? Call me crazy, but given those circumstances, I think they'd both possess about equal amounts of "quickness" and "agility".

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

As far as using a racist term to disparage a terrorist group? Kind of a cunt-faced, backwards way of looking at it, but that's just my opinion. Guess I just love the Taliban
    Yawn.

Wake me up after you get off your high horse.

Super Moderator

United States
    I wasn't commenting on the moral aspects of your posts, so much as the asinine and ultimately retarded pretenses of what you had to say in them.

But by all means, yawn away.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I just watched the Shaolin episode. Damn, those are some crazy weapons! Not to diss the Maori or anything, but... damn. Samurai kick ass, by the way.
    Ninja the weakest? Masters of Invisibility? I don't understand this logic. - Noodle
    You know love, it's that whole "prancing about in black pajamas" that throws people off. Maybe if you actually watched the show... -Murdoc
    Oi, stop posting on here! I'm the one who like zombie films, remember? -2D

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Ninja the weakest? Masters of Invisibility? I don't understand this logic. - Noodle
    Have you seen the episode? Who do you see the Ninja taking down in a one on one fight?