Thread: Evil Dead trilogy edit experiment...

Super Moderator

UK

Evil Dead trilogy edit experiment...

capncnut
    Actually, I used to circulate the complete trilogy edited together on a four hour tape - minus credits for the first two movies and the intros from the last two. Looks very similar to what you've done there. You should give it a bash and do the whole thing on DVD, comes to about 4 hours 2 mins if my mind serves me correctly...

...when you remove the Book of the Dead intro from Evil Dead 2, Ash and Linda arriving at the cabin, the Deadite shooting at the end plus the credits, the story in the centre is only about 65 minutes long!
    Last edited by capncnut; 01-Oct-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well I guess that's what happens when you keep remaking parts of the previous movie in the new one.

Anyway, was a fun way to spend a couple of hours.

I was going to film it from my DVD player (via cables into my DVX100B), but the first movie was Region 1, so that wouldn't transfer that way, and the second had copy protection on it, so the image was completely scrambled, so I had to end up filming it off my monitor and matching the exposure as best I could to the image. Works quite well, especially for a little editing experiment.

Undisclosed
    Speaking of Evil Dead, did you guys in Europe ever get a special edition of the 1st 2 movies? The versions I am refering to is the book editions.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Speaking of Evil Dead, did you guys in Europe ever get a special edition of the 1st 2 movies? The versions I am refering to is the book editions.
    Yup, we certainly did.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Seems like I've recently heard that there's supposed to be one big book of the dead special edition that contains all three movies and all of their special features....

Speaking of editing sequels together.....i'm curious to see how Tarantino's complete "Kill Bill" film will be....

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Speaking of editing sequels together.....i'm curious to see how Tarantino's complete "Kill Bill" film will be....
    Isn't that the four disc box set that's released this December? I'm looking forward to that one myself...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Isn't that the four disc box set that's released this December? I'm looking forward to that one myself...
    Yeah, I believe it has part one and two, as well as the two films edited together as one.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Yeah, I believe it has part one and two, as well as the two films edited together as one.
    And from what I gather, the 4 hour version of Kill Bill has a coloured-in House of Blues massacre and Sophie gets BOTH arms cut off.