Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 legged priest in dawn...

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed

1 legged priest in dawn...

can some one tell me what he actualy says? i cant make it out.
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    can some one tell me what he actualy says? i cant make it out.
    In the theatrical version, he says something to the effect of:

"Senores, please to let me pass"

Then when Peter and Roger talk about getting him to a medical unit..

"no please, just let me pass. I go up to (seventh?) floor to find my sister. The people of 107 will do what you wish now. Many people have died on the streets (these past weeks?). In the basement of this building you will find them. You are stronger than us, but soon I think they'll be stronger than you. The dead walk senores. We must stop the killing or we lose the war."

The euro version has a little more dialogue, but I am unfamiliar with the exact lines. He does say something like: "and their dead, they give up to no one."
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that line "you be stronger than them, but soon they be stronger than you" is one of my favourite lines of that movie.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    that line "you be stronger than them, but soon they be stronger than you" is one of my favourite lines of that movie.
    And it's the most chilling by far imo.

I'll pop in the euro version later and post the extra dialouge a little later.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I'll pop in the euro version later and post the extra dialouge a little later.
    No need, my brain is a Dawn databank.

"These are simple people, they give up easily, but the dead they give up to no-one."

Canada
    Need Dawn info, you just go and ask Capn,
    he's a walking encloypidia,

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

"These are simple people, they give up easily, but the dead they give up to no-one."
    I knew it was something like that. You must constantly have this film on the brain. I wish i could remember stuff off the op of my head like that. Too much weed when i was younger i guess.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

Well done cap. You are a machine!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed

Thumbs up

He may have lost a leg but being a brotha ill bet he still has 2 left...
    "get it"?

"Where's my bitches"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    He may have lost a leg but being a brotha ill bet he still has 2 left...
    "get it"?

"Where's my bitches"
    Like they say: Everytime you see a handicapped brotha he ain't always cripple if you know what i'm sayin'.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    just a question. how come some people cant understand accents?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Maybe because the words they're hearing don't phonetically match what they're used to hearing. I find that when a person with a heavy accent speaks to me if i think about what they just said four or five times i'll eventually understand what they said. Who has that type of time though?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    just a question. how come some people cant understand accents?
    im guessing there the kind of people who, when go on holiday dont bother to learn the language but rather merely yell louder in english to get the message across.

you know who you are.

Administrator

England
    Wonder what is meant by, "We must stop the killing or we lose the war," exactly!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Wonder what is meant by, "We must stop the killing or we lose the war," exactly!?
    "The more we kill, the more they are" MK Kurtz - 2001

For every life which is lost, or for every death, one way or another the numbers of the living are reduced, one by one, thus meaning that sooner or later the dead will outnumber the living and the war will be lost, unless the "killing" was stopped

Thats how i understood it, and even though i was only eight years old at the time, i still think that explanation holds true in regards to what the priest was attempting to say.

Did i ever agree with him? No, not really. I don't think his character had any real inbuilt concept of what was actually happening, having spent his time since the initial outbreaks within the confines of building 107. The basic lack of knowledge regarding the unfolding situation combined with the fact that he was obviously grieving for his sister, along with an unknown number of his compatriots, scared, and possibly even having doubts over his religious beliefs, always made me believe the opposite, which was that the war could ONLY be won by more killing, though obviously the "killing of anyone who was already considered clinically dead" and a "zombie flesheater".

Technically NOT "killing", but ask yourself ... if you were writing the dialogue for that particular scene, and that was the point which you were trying to get across on behalf of that character, then what alternative word would you use?

That's a pretty tough cookie right there for a writer, because there is no alternative word, as there is no word in our culture to describe inflicting death (IE: Killing) upon something which is already dead.