Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 legged priest in dawn...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    Maybe you need to reboot, because your are wrong on that line.

It goes like this:

These are simple people, they have little, but they do not give it up easily. And their dead they give up to no one.

You guys also left out "I have given them their last rites, now you do what you will...

Yup, i think he's right guys. I never would have come with that scene verbatim like that unless i popped in the dvd. 2 points!!
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Looks like our champ Capn has some compitition, would you say so

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    Yes i would. FLAME WAR !!!! j/k

Well, most of us here are fanatics so some people might remember certain things that others don't . There's no shame in that. If you asked me about any of the music to the dead films i probably couldn't tell you. I don't think that it makes me any less of a fan though.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Sure it does
    Ya gotta know what music
    is playing when Roger dies...
    or when they block the doors...

J/K..There are things that I won't remember for the
    life of me. Point in case, what you mentioned in another
    thread about the zombie with the gun, being in the mall
    when the men were killing them and then he returns
    when the raiders come
    See I never noticed that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't know if it's even possible to do but wouldn't it be cool if we could like simulcast dawn on this site and we all watch it in real time posting comments while we watch? That would be interesting.

Undisclosed
    No dvd there for me, that was off the top of my head. I would never admit it, but I consider myself a databank on the dialog for all three....

I used to post often here, but I dont come around much anymore....So many new usernames. I dont know most of you guys, but the old timers probably remember me!

I have a horrible talent of remembering lyrics and or dialog to movies I like word for word. Its not something I try to do, I just pick it up.

Cpt Rhodes is my favorite to remember dialog from.

I think we also left out..."you are stronger than us, but soon, I think, they be stronger than you...
    Last edited by dmbfanintn; 26-Jul-2007 at 09:38 PM.
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    I have a horrible talent of remembering lyrics and or dialog to movies I like word for word. Its not something I try to do, I just pick it up.

Cpt Rhodes is my favorite to remember dialog from.
    Yeah there are alot of usernames but only like 50--100 regulars. It's not that hard to keep track.

I think that rhodes has the most colorful dialogue by far. I'd bet that his are the lines that people can remember most vividly.

I don't think you're talent is so horrible. you must be good at trivia games. especially zombie trivia. We have a trivia thread floating around here somewhere. Maybe you should take a crack at it.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Yeah there are alot of usernames but only like 50--100 regulars. It's not that hard to keep track.

I think that rhodes has the most colorful dialogue by far. I'd bet that his are the lines that people can remember most vividly.

I don't think you're talent is so horrible. you must be good at trivia games. especially zombie trivia. We have a trivia thread floating around here somewhere. Maybe you should take a crack at it.

Well my wife hates it!

Yeah, Im pretty good at trivia and stuff, like trivial pursuit pop culture version.

I really love GARs films (obviously), but I am an Indiana Jones Buff, and a Q Tarentino buff, I love QT's writing (except Death Proof )

I can sit and almost recite verbatim some complete movies, without them playing on the dvd player. Dawn being one of those....
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    im guessing there the kind of people who, when go on holiday dont bother to learn the language but rather merely yell louder in english to get the message across.

you know who you are.
    I doubt most know who they are. The rowdy hooligans I saw a few years ago screaming drunken English up and down the streets of Amsterdam were fluent in both the American and British dialects of the language.

The 'ugly American' is alive, but he sure as hell is not alone.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    I doubt most know who they are. The rowdy hooligans I saw a few years ago screaming drunken English up and down the streets of Amsterdam were fluent in both the American and British dialects of the language.

The 'ugly American' is alive, but he sure as hell is not alone.
    Now that you mentioned that, back in the late 80s when the Japanese economy was booming (you might recall at the same time there were all these movies that came out such as Black Rain and Rising Sun which depicted the Japanese as scary mafia-like businessmen/samurai warriors) I was on holiday in Hawaii and I remember at that time seeing rowdy groups of drunken Japanese tourists acting up in honolulu. Being a Japanese American, I was embarrased by their behavior (though I guess it really shouldn't have, I guess, since they were Japanese Nationals and I was born in Los Angeles and am a 5th generation American)

So my point is that probably every culture has this ugly side to it, surely not just those cultures that speaks english.

I don't know if it's even possible to do but wouldn't it be cool if we could like simulcast dawn on this site and we all watch it in real time posting comments while we watch? That would be interesting.
    That is a great idea! Or the webmasters should host a big ass bbq with an mega-large projection screen!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 29-Jul-2007 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed
    thanx guys,now i know what he says,it'll help a great deal.

also what does roger and wooley say when roger jumps on his back in those flats? just b4 peter shoots wooley?
    Last edited by flyboy; 31-Jul-2007 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    also what does roger and wooley say when roger jumps on his back in those flats? just b4 peter shoots wooley?

Roger: Wooleys gone ape****

Roger: Gimme a hand somebody

Wooley: Gimme a hand man, leave me alone!

Roger: Help me, he's crazy

Peter: Step away from him

Peter: STEP AWAY FROM HIM!

Thats close, but probably not exact as there is a lot of commotion going on during that scene.
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Canada
    Now that would be awesome.

As a kid I had the entire Dawn movie memorized,
    but as the years go by, brian cells die
    and the lines go poof.

capncnut
    Nah, I was relying on memory. He was watching the film at the time I bet.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Now that would be awesome.

As a kid I had the entire Dawn movie memorized,
    but as the years go by, brian cells die
    and the lines go poof.
    I'll give ya one of my favorite lines for that one: "Life Intervenes." The stuff we used to do are the luxury of children.