Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Does certain kinds of music make kids evil? Or violent?

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    So if music makes people menatlly ill and makes them kill, wouldnt the same go for love songs?
    There are millions of love songs, if music has such an impact, why isnt there more love in the world?
    WISDOM

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    altho heavy metal can send kids into madness almost to the limit of killing people.it makes em depressed,and angry and they think this is how the world is.(angry,nasty,depressing)heavy metal has conotations of the devil,ie-they think its ok to be evil, to joe public.thats why they dress up in black makeup and black clothes either to be noticed and say **** you, or remain anonymos. i suppose its like slipping into a seperate skin.
    heh...erm...i think you have metal kids confused with blackface minstrels

seriously though. i think there's a lot of bollocks talked about heavy metal. it's just music. dynamically & conceptually speaking it's just brahms and wagner played on electric instruments with loud percussion.

you know why there are like, ten violin players in an orchestra? VOLUME. in other words the marshall amplifier hadnt been invented when the piece was written.

metallers dont wear makeup either. seriously. you would get the piss taken out of you so bad if you went to a morbid angel or slayer gig wearing makeup.

goths, emos and the nuttier black metal & KISS fans wear makeup, and even then not all of them.

the metal subculture is one of the friendliest and most accepting there is, there is very much an attitude that we are all one big family.

at a heavy metal festival you can just go and sit down at anyone's camp and strike up a conversation based on the band on their t shirt or whatever. ditto at a gig, if youre waiting at the bar you can have a quick chat about how crap the last metallica album was with the guy to the left.

if you did that at a "normal" nightclub or festival, theyd tell you to piss off or look at you funny.

i've seen two fights at metal gigs/festivals in my 10 years of being into metal, but how many drunken fights do i see in the streets on the weekend, outside "normal" pubs and clubs? tons. to the point where it's a national issue

and yet these are the people listening to dance music and r&b, not slayer or cannibal corpse.

HMMMMM

maybzz da muzik aint guilty brahhhhs
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post

heh...erm...i think you have metal kids confused with blackface minstrels
    HELLO DAAAAAVE!

Quote Originally Posted by _liam_
    seriously though. i think there's a lot of bollocks talked about heavy metal. it's just music. dynamically & conceptually speaking it's just brahms and wagner played on electric instruments with loud percussion.

you know why there are like, ten violin players in an orchestra? VOLUME. in other words the marshall amplifier hadnt been invented when the piece was written.

metallers dont wear makeup either. seriously. you would get the piss taken out of you so bad if you went to a morbid angel or slayer gig wearing makeup.

goths, emos and the nuttier black metal & KISS fans wear makeup, and even then not all of them.

the metal subculture is one of the friendliest and most accepting there is, there is very much an attitude that we are all one big family.

at a heavy metal festival you can just go and sit down at anyone's camp and strike up a conversation based on the band on their t shirt or whatever. ditto at a gig, if youre waiting at the bar you can have a quick chat about how crap the last metallica album was with the guy to the left.

if you did that at a "normal" nightclub or festival, theyd tell you to piss off or look at you funny.

i've seen two fights at metal gigs/festivals in my 10 years of being into metal, but how many drunken fights do i see in the streets on the weekend, outside "normal" pubs and clubs? tons. to the point where it's a national issue

and yet these are the people listening to dance music and r&b, not slayer or cannibal corpse.

HMMMMM

maybzz da muzik aint guilty brahhhhs

I agree completely on the whole metal badns seem to be cool guys and gals, a freind of mine was at download this year adn the fat guy from bowling for soup walked up to there tent, sat down adn took a beer adn said "sup, whats happenin'"
    OOOOH, SATANISM IS HAPPENING,....APPARENTLY

from my experience dance fans and ravers are way more drunk and waaay more violent, events like columbine and them were becuase the kids were more likely than not loners that were bullied, its a shame we all know but kids can be very cruel sometimes.

Then theres the personal perspective, slayer HIM dragonforce, opeth, hell even slipknot adn marylin manson to a point are my preffered music of choice, and i aint a depressed goth or a psycho nutjob, in fact im damn up-beat for he type of company i keep.
    Plus ive said on here im pretty damn anti gun, so shock horror, guess metal music is making me want to kill.

-Oh and lets not forget the onstage guitar hero 2 at download, if that doesnt show a good atmosphere i dont know what does, but i recon pop acts which convince young girls todress like slags does more damage to the youth of today.

United States
    Hear Hear!

Its the only developed scene where noone cares about your haircut or race or anything. Uf your friendly and dig the MEtal then your in. You can be a stockbroker or a HipHop kid with a kangol, a skinhead or a 50 year old Dad. No one cares.
    Punk which is supposed to be so accepting, isnt like that at all. I used to have a lot of problems in the 80s at Hardcore shows but almost never at metal shows. "Alternative" shows in the very late 80s and eraly 90s were the same as metal shows now but that went away when it became mainstream and shows got filled with Jock turds and trendoids. Metal shows now are more lke a cilt thing afte the commerciality diminished.

Usually the more abrasive the metal the friendlier the crowd. Its like a hippie gathering with out all the bullsh!t ideology. And the drum circles. And the Soy grilled cheese sandwhiches. and the......
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    HELLO DAAAAAVE!

LOL!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK