Thread: England vs Croatia

Administrator

England

England vs Croatia

20mins in...

OMFG!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    20mins in...

OMFG!!!
    or LMFAO even.

The sooner that loser McClaren goes the better...
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

capncnut
    Yeah, we were like a pub team tonight.

Administrator

England
    Just love this quote from BBC:-

'When England needed inspiration, all they got was a man keeping his hair dry with a brolly.'
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I saw something on the news bleedin' everywhere about this McLaren bloke (never heard of him before) getting shafted, and something about not qualifying for Euro 2008 ...

Not being a football watcher/fan/mild admirer (actually I hate it and think it's shiite ), so is that no England in Euro 2008? Geeeeeeeeeez...

I guess the whole 1966 thing will become even MORE legendary and "remember when-y"...

United States
    I thought you Brits HAD to like football? Thought it was a law of some sorts.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I thought you Brits HAD to like football? Thought it was a law of some sorts.
    I thought you yanks HAD to wear elasticated jeans? Thought it was a law of some sort
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I thought you yanks HAD to wear elasticated jeans? Thought it was a law of some sort

Oh snap, yep ... Neil went there alright.

United States
    Elasticated? Really now? Went where exactly? I don't think have ever even SEEN a pair of elasticated jeans. Well, maybe my mom owns a pair. But she's old and her sence of fashion is a bit antiquated.

No offence meant. I like Football (soccer here) and I don't like football (football here) so i am somewhat of an enigma.

So drink your tea and eat your crumptets!!!! Hit your wickets and pip pip cherio!!
    Last edited by clanglee; 24-Nov-2007 at 12:11 AM.

Administrator

England
    Elasticated? Really now? Went where exactly? I don't think have ever even SEEN a pair of elasticated jeans. Well, maybe my mom owns a pair. But she's old and her sence of fashion is a bit antiquated.

No offence meant. I like Football (soccer here) and I don't like football (football here) so i am somewhat of an enigma.

So drink your tea and eat your crumptets!!!! Hit your wickets and pip pip cherio!!
    I've always liked the 'big' football matches. ie: International or big play offs... But more recently I have got into watching regular league matches as well...
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

dude i just choked on red wine whilst reading this line. very funny.

on a more serious note: i understand that mclaren has been sent down to davy jones since this loss.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Bwaaa, burnage. I do believe that makes you the master, Neil.

United States

Ok, just for the record, I had to google elasticated jeans to be sure of what you meant. I havn't seen those on anyone but pregnant women since the '90s. BUT, when I googled it, MOST of the sites that came up were British!!! so there!!

Super Moderator

UK

Ok, just for the record, I had to google elasticated jeans to be sure of what you meant. I havn't seen those on anyone but pregnant women since the '90s. BUT, when I googled it, MOST of the sites that came up were British!!! so there!!
    Because we're exploiting a growing international market and making cash off it.

United States