Thread: Jason Biggs as Spiderman!

Administrator

England

Jason Biggs as Spiderman!

With Toby Maguire stepping out of the series, we now potentially have Mr American Pie in the lead!

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200804..._new_spid.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Ughhhhh

I gave up on Spiderman after that travesty that was #3.

This just seals the deal.

Super Moderator

UK
    I don't mind Biggs at all, but Biggs as Spider-Man?

They should leave it at just the three of them. With Raimi not directing, and Maguire not starring, it's not gonna have that x-factor that the other three do, which are so closely linked because of those two (and many other) continued links across the three films.

They should just leave it alone now.

Canada
    it's shame that biggs is a dink. Seriusly, I thought Tobey Fit the role of spider-man perfectly. You just can't change the title character after 3 movies, it will be too unfamilier, and seeing as how biggs acting talents include sticking his dick into a pie, and reacting thusly, well, i'm not exactly in high hopes for this.

at least tobey fit the role.

seriusly, jason biggs? wtf are they thinking?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Canada
    Son Of A Bitch

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is weird. I JUST read that it's actually going to be Jake Gyllenhall. He's already in training for it...

United States
    yeah, like symphonicx said, 3 was okay in theaters, but i've still not got around to getting the dvd yet...which is pretty surprising, now that i think of it....but i doubt i'd catch any of the new ones in theaters, it's just mainly a cash-cow they are milking for all its worth.

and jason biggs as spider-man would be like casting dj qualls to play conan the barbarian.

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    This is weird. I JUST read that it's actually going to be Jake Gyllenhall. He's already in training for it...
    Yeah I was about to say, stick donnie darko in there, nobody will be able to tell the difference.

In all honesty, I never reckoned much on these movies, 3 was pretty bad and the main star leaving is just another nail in the coffin
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    meh on maguire, not once in 3 movies did i ever get drawn in an think i was watching peter parker, the actors who played aunt may and j jonah jameson were spot on , but for me it was allways tobey maguire, jason biggs?....if he hadnt ****ed a pie people might accept him as he does kinda look like the origional peter parker, only minus glasses and a mild perm, i dont think weve seem him as anything serious thats not laid back yet so i dunno.
    as for gylenhal hes a great actor but i think hed be better playing the green lantern in that upcoming filck.

United States
    anyone else caught on that this is an april fool's day deal that's still going?

Super Moderator

UK
    I fell for it initially, but Neil let me in on it ... so I didn't tell anybody else.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    There is no way they would ever have Jason Biggs play spiderman.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Choas View Post
    There is no way they would ever have Jason Biggs play spiderman.
    HAHAHAHA APRIL FOOLS D-

oh..5 days late on that...crap, too slow.