View Poll Results: Who are you, and what will you become?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would keep all my morals, even if it cost me my life

1 3.03%
  • The rules have changed, I will try to be decent, but can't promise anything

26 78.79%
  • The rules have changed, I will do anything I have to and sod everybody else

6 18.18%
  • I don my hockey mask and call myself "the humongous"

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Apocalypse Poll

United States
    I would be a total bastard. No need for weaklings and their little "groups". Anyone who gets in my way gets shot, period.

Well, actually, I do have a use for a "group": your group is bound to attract zombie attention, so I'll be able to move around freely while you get eaten. I'll be sure to whisper "thanks for the distraction, dummies" as I make my getaway.

Australia
    I would try to help anyone and everyone who wanted help but everyone would need to be a Team player. There would have to be rules which obviously not everyone would like.

I would not hesitate to kill anyone if they compromised the group at all. You wouldn't be able to "kick" anyone out as they would certainly take revenge on the group. An unfortunate situation in a dog eat dog post apocalyptic world.
    zombies
    eat flesh.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    I'm sure this will shock many who currently live in Fantasy Land...but I would no longer be Politically Correct if the world went to hell in a hand basket.

You wouldn't really have to. Despite what most people think, you'll probably be alone, anyway. The odds of very many people all surviving the initial breaking-loose-of-Hell in order to "band together to fight the evil forces of the Legion of Doom" are very long. You might wind up with three family members, and two of them will get eaten in the first week.

So, before too long, interpersonal skills likely won't be used much further than the first few weeks.

England
    SRP, this isn't a zombie specific scenario, it could be anything, plague, rapture or even aliens abducting 99% of the population for anal probing purposes.

Just curious as to what peoples views where about the morals they have today and the morals they might have tomorrow.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Well, same deal applies regardless. Survival is the only directive.

Unless you mean that the event is over, and it's not a case of being under attack 24/7 by whatever it was. If it's just "aftermath", then it gets more desperate:

When we're still getting assaulted, people will be too busy to mess with me. But, as soon as it's over, groups will immediately try to impose "rule" again, and stick me back into the gutter. Humans can not be happy unless someone else is suffering. That's been proven.

Therefore, I must do all I can to get rid of any remaining people. If I don't, they'll try to subjugate me and turn me into a slave. That is not acceptable; they have to be destroyed first.

If it sounds like I don't trust people...it's because I don't.

England
    You really should've voted for option 4 my friend.

Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    I took option 2 because there isn't much point in surviving the calamity if you commit suicide years later because your haunted by your decisions, but surviving might entail things that you ordinarily wouldn't do. The trick is, do what you need to to see the sunrise tomorrow, while being able to sleep tonight.

Now, I think I'm a bit more fortunate than others in that I've long been interested in survivalism and have accured a lot of survival info. Unfortunately, a number of factors have prevented me from actually getting out and practicing and testing much of that info, and accumulating the supplies talked about.

Still, I think that puts me ahead of the population who will be waiting for the military and FEMA to save them, and keep me from making decisions that will bring me into conflict with other survivors, like trying to scavenge, and becoming a raider.

For example, instead of trying to loot a supermarket, or raid a farmer, I'd check into grain silos, and food related businesses. I used to work at an industrial bakery, and we had pallets of flour, dried milk, sugar, buckets of peanut butter, honey, etc. It might get overlooked.

I would prefer having a supply of food, sizable quantity of ammo, etc, but I'll make do with what I've got.