Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The Dark Knight review thread

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Saw it yesterday. Good film! I'd give it a 7/10, or strong 3 out of 5. It was engaging and very suspensfull, but I felt the script was a bit overly confusing from time to time.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Saw it yesterday. Good film! I'd give it a 7/10, or strong 3 out of 5. It was engaging and very suspensfull, but I felt the script was a bit overly confusing from time to time.
    What exactly were you confused about?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've heard alot of people say they were confused by some things. I wasn't really confused, but I notice something new each time I watch it.

For instance, just last night I noticed that when

Joker is brought into Gamble's house as if he's dead and then he jumps out of the trash bags.....he slices the guts of two of Gamble's men that are beside the pool table as he's rising up!
    I didn't notice it in theater, but thought it was a nice little touch.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    What exactly were you confused about?
    Well, there was nothing really about the plot that confused me. It was just that some subplots were technically not needed.

Such as the Hong Kong visit. I could have done without it, and it served no purpose. There could have been some other, easier way to work around the Lau part. And I also didn't buy several motivations in the film, such as why Harvey Dent turned against Gordon soooo fast. That was pretty lame.

However, the car chase was very confusing. Not because of the script, obviously, but I had no idea of where the cars were in relation to each other.

But still a good film.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    However, the car chase was very confusing. Not because of the script, obviously, but I had no idea of where the cars were in relation to each other.

Really? I was able to tell what was going on MUCH easier than the police chase in Batman Begins. I thought this chase in TDK was planned out perfectly...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Really? I was able to tell what was going on MUCH easier than the police chase in Batman Begins. I thought this chase in TDK was planned out perfectly...
    Not me. As soon as the batmobile entered the fray, it was just "uh, where the hell is everyone?" and they broke the axel constantly, which made it ever more confusing. I definetly don't think it was planned out perfectly, far from it. It started out good, tho.