Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOTD 30th Anniversary Edition

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I don't think the Ultimate Edition is worth spooging over. I have all the solo discs, all the documentaries and every extra except for the Foree mall tour, the home videos and the easter eggs. I sure as s**t ain't paying £20 for a fancy box.

Ahh but it was worth it for me. I never got a chance to see
    the Euro version of Dawn, could never find a cut of it here,
    anywhere in Canada. Was happy when they came out with the
    UE box set, the docs were worth it, as for a 30th ann edition,
    I don't think there is much else to be done.

How about an on video Commentary that plays while you
    watch the film, a commentary by George, Tom and the
    cast of Dawn.
    I've seen this video commentary done with the movie
    Jerry McGuire

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    the Euro version of Dawn, could never find a cut of it here,
    anywhere in Canada. Was happy when they came out with the
    UE box set, the docs were worth it, as for a 30th ann edition,
    I don't think there is much else to be done.

How about an on video Commentary that plays while you
    watch the film, a commentary by George, Tom and the
    cast of Dawn.
    I've seen this video commentary done with the movie
    Jerry McGuire

I agree, many of those cuts and extras are rare and hard to find. As a matter of fact, the first time i saw the euro cut was when i bought the ultimate edition. But you know that one day there will be a Super Duper Ultimate Limited edition that will make this one obsplete anyway and that we'll all be rushing to get a copy.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    I have to agree,it was worth it to me too.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    But you know that one day there will be a Super Duper Ultimate Limited edition that will make this one obsplete anyway and that we'll all be rushing to get a copy.
    How, though? I thought the Ultimate Edition had everything there is? I mean, aside from rare trailers/TV spots in foreign countries, I'm pretty sure there isn't anything else they could offer us.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    How, though? I thought the Ultimate Edition had everything there is? I mean, aside from rare trailers/TV spots in foreign countries, I'm pretty sure there isn't anything else they could offer us.
    Yeah there's a little bit more. I have a couple of Dawn related documentaries that aren't on the Ultimate Edition.

The Arrow edition of Martin has a great little German documentary with GAR being interviewed at the mall during the time of the Dawn shoot. It contains behind the scenes footage that I have never seen before in my life.

The Ultimate Edition is good (I have recently acquired it), don't get me wrong but I don't think the extras are anything to shout about. Of course Document Of The Dead and The Dead Will Walk are awesome documentaries but the endless trailers and galleries didn't impress me very much.

Super Moderator

UK
    pfft, begone all this Ultimate Edition hate!

The UE is awesome, but I can understand why it wouldn't be as awesome for those who'd run out and spent double or more the amount of cash on a whole batch of separate releases.

Aye - I've got that release of Martin you're on about Capn, that doc is interesting, it's just annoying that GAR is speaking in English, but he's dubbed over in German at the same time, and then for the benefit of us English speakers to understand what's being said, we've got to read subtitles.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    pfft, begone all this Ultimate Edition hate!
    Nah there's no hate per-se, it's a great package to have if you haven't got any other version apart from the theatrical. All I'm saying is that if you already have the three films and the two docs (which I did) then it's little more than a pretty box to look at.

Aye - I've got that release of Martin you're on about Capn, that doc is interesting, it's just annoying that GAR is speaking in English, but he's dubbed over in German at the same time, and then for the benefit of us English speakers to understand what's being said, we've got to read subtitles.
    Yeah, it is a shame - maybe the folks who shot that doc still have all the raw footage. Would be nice to watch it without the foreign voice overs.

Also there's an Italian Dario Argento doc that's similar which has some previously unseen material too. Both could've been included on the Ultimate Edition.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    That's what they said about the last i-phone. Trust me, if it'll make them money they'll find some "lost footage" or something in order to justify making and selling an entirely new boxed set.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    But is Anchor Bay really known to release new sets just for the money? I mean, to my knowledge they've always been a company that puts out rare films that are hard to get. In good fashion too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    They should do a new score, written by Hans Zimmer. It should be bombastic and cool. Then have Michael Bay recut the film, and shoot some new scenes with the helicopter.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    They should do a new score, written by Hans Zimmer. It should be bombastic and cool. Then have Michael Bay recut the film, and shoot some new scenes with the helicopter.
    Even though the technology exists to enhance the film ( Better, Stronger, Faster !! ) I don't think it's something they should do. I know it has been done with Star Wars and a couple of other films but i think that it goes against what the vision that the Creator originally intended.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Even though the technology exists to enhance the film ( Better, Stronger, Faster !! ) I don't think it's something they should do. I know it has been done with Star Wars and a couple of other films but i think that it goes against what the vision that the Creator originally intended.
    Bung a couple of Taun-Tauns in the background of the rednecks shooting zombies and you'll never notice - GUARANTEED.

Then you can digitally impose Mekhi Pfifer's head over Ken Foree's for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, for you it's not worthwhile, but for folk who don't have all those separate disc - boom - all-in-one matey.

Prior to that I didn't have Dawn on DVD, so it was perfect. As a single package it's great. Not great if you already have all that stuff, but if you didn't - there you go.

Although I already had Document of the Dead on VHS, but two parts had the sound mashed up for some odd reason (picture was fine), so it gave me a nice clean copy of it.
    Hey I have all the separate discs, and the documentary on a separate DVD issue, but I still own the ultimate edition. Hell I even the Blu-Gay edition.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Hey I have all the separate discs, and the documentary on a separate DVD issue, but I still own the ultimate edition. Hell I even the Blu-Gay edition.
    Wanna badge?

j/k

You sir, are a special case.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Wanna badge?