Thread: Dawn footage info appeal (footage not available in any cut?)

capncnut

Dawn footage info appeal (footage not available in any cut?)

Just an appeal for information regarding some lost Dawn footage. Other than the three versions out there, I am of the understanding there is at least another 20-30 seconds out there. Be it commercial or documentary.

I know there's a few seconds in one of the Euro commercials (of the car exploding) and another few seconds in Document Of The Dead (during the housing project) but I'm certain it was said here that there was a little more.

Some dude who joined here (and a number of other forums) was making his own fancut of Dawn and said his was a good 40 seconds more than the one fancut we all know and love (155 min - often mistaken for 156 min). Any scene info would be of great help.

Edit: Found the guy's post.

Quote Originally Posted by See No Evil View Post
    Just to keep you all updated, I've finished the video editing, and now just need to work through cleaning up the audio. As it stands, my version comes in about 40 or so seconds longer than the german 'Ultimate Final Cut' DVD.
    So?
    Last edited by capncnut; 04-Sep-2008 at 07:56 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Some dude who joined here (and a number of other forums) was making his own fancut of Dawn and said his was a good 40 seconds more than the one fancut we all know and love (155 min - often mistaken for 156 min). Any scene info would be of great help.
    Yeah, I do remember that thread. What did happen to that? Now I want to know too!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Canada
    Maybe the got too involved in the editing
    and got himself lost in the tangle of films.

I have been wondering about that myself lately

United States
    I wouldn't mind watching his version of Dawn.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    His last forums activity was in January.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well hopefully when it's done he'll get back to us. I'd hate to get my hopes up for nothing.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Well hopefully when it's done he'll get back to us. I'd hate to get my hopes up for nothing.
    I e-mailed him this morning asking him to come back and update us. He accepted my request and has posted an update in the thread "Dawn Of The Dead Composite Edit".

capncnut
    And with a bit of luck, we can find out where the additional 40 seconds come from.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    And with a bit of luck, we can find out where the additional 40 seconds come from.
    Yeah,I would like to know where it came from.