Thread: Oooh~

Dying

Undisclosed

Oooh~

Wow...an alternative view on the new flick

Untitled George A. Romero Diary of the Dead Sequel
    Horror

Principal photography begins May 2008.
    To be written & directed by George A. Romero. Cast to be announced.

The diary continues. Our heroes, trapped in the mansion where we left them, battle waves of ravenous zombies, barely escaping alive. In search of a safe place to settle, they commandeer an abandoned ferry and sail to a deserted island, only to find that it is already populated by a civilization of the dead. Told in the same first-person style that distinguished George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead, the next episode of the saga is a violent siege set in the middle of nowhere, a desperate struggle for survival, and peace, between two tribes: the living and the living dead.

Yeah...I know...what mansion? Having said that, I got Voltage Pictures off the poster that someone posted earlier...
    Geo the Giant Killer aka Geophyrd aka me
    http://geophyrd.livejournal.com/

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think that's just outdated. I hope so, anyway...

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I think that's just outdated. I hope so, anyway...
    Well a similar outline was stated when initial reports began (around the same time incidentally), so yeah, it's probably an outdated report.

Then again, with these things, you never know...

Dying

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Well a similar outline was stated when initial reports began (around the same time incidentally), so yeah, it's probably an outdated report.

Then again, with these things, you never know...
    That's the wierd thing...if the poster is true (it does incorporate RECENT pictures, those posted on Bloody Disgusting) then this may be a really accurate description...these are the guys that are going to be selling the flick.

Interestingly, I looked up Voltage Pictures. Its Dean "I made Independence Day, Stargate, Godzilla and The Patriot" Devlin's company. Devlin's financing Romero?
    Geo the Giant Killer aka Geophyrd aka me
    http://geophyrd.livejournal.com/

Super Moderator

UK
    Sounds like a weird mash-up of the new details, and random threads of ideas scattered about out there months ago.

Also, the costume designer on the flick said it's not first-person perspective.

Undisclosed
    Could this be one of those make 2 movies at the same time type of concepts?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    Could this be one of those make 2 movies at the same time type of concepts?
    I seriously doubt it, especially as that's never been uttered or rumoured at all. Also, I doubt GAR could manage to get the funding for two movies at once, or even if he could, I doubt he'd be bothered to do two at once. I doubt it's part of his work ethic, and damn straight too.

I must say, I'm liking the info as it's coming forward. I just hope it rocks my socks and/or cock. Diary was admittedly average, the least of his zombie flicks, but I still dig it - now Land, as you all well know by now, I really dug that flick - but let's not get into that "you wot? it were sh*t it were!" back-and-forth that's deader than the titular menaces ... so yeah, looking forward to it, I'm certainly more intrigued by the sound of it than I was with Diary (which I think suffered a bit because it came out after lame-ass Cloverfield and the pretty darn good [Rec].

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Old report basically. I remember reading that exact statement months ago when a sixth film was first announced, and obviously things have changed since then.

Romero and co. have been saying that they started out writing this as a direct sequel to Diary, with the same characters, but have been gradually moving further and further from that idea as development continued, until now only one minor character remains.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 07-Nov-2008 at 10:39 PM.