Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zombie Toolss:accessories for the apocalypse

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Probably because swords are cooler, and crowbars more useful. So if it ain't as cool, and it ain't as useful, then it's not going to show up in a thread. SOrt off.. :P
    How likely it is that anyone would find that Shaolin Spade if the SHTF? Like a lot of what Brooks wrote in his admittedly entertaining "survival guide" his advice on weapons contains a lot of silliness. I still think that anyone who thinks taking out a staircase with an axe while standing on it needs to seriously reevaluate.

EDIT: A quick google search turned up only one source, a martial arts supplier, for the shaolin spade, and this version was a hollow, unsharpened practice model which would be completely insufficient for beheading anything in real life. So, unless you can make your own shaolin spade, or are lucky enough to stumble across one out in the field, this weapon- however practical it might be - is likely not to be available to you when the dead start to rise.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 29-Oct-2008 at 08:39 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    *smacks self in head* should've thought of that, I suppose... aw well, at least I got me my crowbar. Her name's Lucille.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    *smacks self in head* should've thought of that, I suppose... aw well, at least I got me my crowbar. Her name's Lucille.

Blind, you'll be better off with Lucille. Add a decent longarm and a sidearm while you are at it if you can. Zombies notwithstanding, in any apocalyptic scenario you are likely to be in more danger from other survivors than from the disaster itself, and a 12 gauge pump shotgun is going to at least keep the looters off your back a lot more efficiently than Brook's Shaolin Spade. And you will always have Lucille for the close up "wet-work" or if you need to open a door or something.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Good point. Hey, you know why I call her Lucille? Go on, take a guess.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Good point. Hey, you know why I call her Lucille? Go on, take a guess.
    Maybe because you can't find a shaolin spade to call "Lucille"?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    but seriously, it's cause of the character from... nevermind, nobody here would get it. Anyway, what's the difference between a wood and aluminum baseball bat again? I've got one of each, so I want to know which would be more useful if (when) the dead rise.

England
    I think a blunt trauma kind of weapon would be best for zombie slaying.

That said, I need one of those "two handed apocalax" puppies.

I like the "f*ck the revolution" t-shirt as well.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Canada
    How about a gun that shoots lead pipes?