Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick question regarding the XBOX

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Does the PS3 play non-region DVDs?
    Non-region I've no idea, but it doesn't play region 1 in the UK...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Does the PS3 play non-region DVDs?

No. I wish it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Quit your whinging, ive had my xbox 2 years and never had a problem with it.
    I've had my 360 almost 3 yrs and never had a problem either
    Last edited by NOTLDC5; 19-Nov-2008 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTLDC5 View Post
    No. I wish it did.
    Rats, I was thinking of getting one to play Bluray discs. Any DVD can be made "non region."

United States
    A little off topic, so forgive me:

I am glad that a lot of you have had the XBOX 360 with no problems, and I understand that because of your experience you don't really get why people whine about the XBOX. I personally had system errors on my xbox after 2 years of use, and this really annoyed me, and I have heard from others who have experienced similar problems, including the red ring. Whether this is a problem specific to a few xboxes, or a problem that is inherent in the design I do not know. Contrasting that, I have had a PS2 for at least four years now with no problems at all.

I don't know if my problems are a result of me doing something wrong, or if the problems were inherent in the box itself - and actually, even if I did know I would still be stuck with a sleek looking paperweight at this point. But I do know that I did not abuse my xbox: I did not play catch with it or use it as a sex-doll, or used it to store sandwiches. And since I like the xbox in spite of my experiences, I ended up shelling out for a new unit (which I bought the extended warranty for this time around in anticipation of problems) So what caused it to fail is beyond me, and judging from what I have heard, I am not the only one who has had their 360 inexplicably go south.

I only mention this because it sometimes sounds like those who have never experienced XBOX malfunctions scoff at those who have, and I am here to tell you that I am one of those who had the unit fail on me. I am not asking for sympathy, mind you, just wanted to let you know that these units, for some reason, do really fail from time to time, and there are owners of non-functioning units out there who legitimately feel disgruntled.

Apologies again for my rant. Now back to topic!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 19-Nov-2008 at 09:51 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    okay.

my 360 overheated, it was a brick, but still turned on.

6 months later i turn it on to charge my controller to play halo 3 at a friends later that day and it rrod's, FREE REPAIR!

BUT!- i got a different 360 back, and t turns on, the front lights up but it doesn't actually boot up, i need to restart it a good dozen times to get it working but i use it because when it works it works, and plays great games, ill upgrade to an elite when i need more space on my hd, which i do now, but honestly, all this bitching about rrod bugs me, i got a bad replacement but still dig it so what gives people the right to be ****ing mardy little bitches for getting a WORKING replacement and whining about how it was a slight inconvenience having to go a number of days without one

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    HDMI doesn't mean it upconverts. Gimmie a day or so and I'll verify this, my telly is smart enough to know what signal it's recieving and it'll tell me. I get 576p images through HDMI all the time when viewing SD pics.

In fact I just asked a colleague and he's pretty sure it doesn't upconvert either.
    By upconverts, I mean it expands the movie to full screen at the highest quality available, which for regular dvds is like 420p. Regular DVDs look great on my TV through my sis's XBOX. This is all kind of moot anyways, because I just plain WANT an XBOX360.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    By upconverts, I mean it expands the movie to full screen at the highest quality available, which for regular dvds is like 420p. Regular DVDs look great on my TV through my sis's XBOX. This is all kind of moot anyways, because I just plain WANT an XBOX360.
    Ahh I see, well in the sense that it upscales the image to 1080i, well it doesn't...but then every DVD player does what you said there really
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Ahh I see, well in the sense that it upscales the image to 1080i, well it doesn't...but then every DVD player does what you said there really
    Nope, only the new players with a component video or HDMI output will fully upconvert to a high def screen.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."