Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Resident evil film ?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Only seen 1 and 3. The first one has Michelle Rodriguez in it, so it loses by default. So I gotta go with 3. Despite me hating it almost as much.

Infact, I hate the Resident Evil films very much. Almost as much as I hate Michelle Rodriguez.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Only seen 1 and 3. The first one has Michelle Rodriguez in it, so it loses by default. So I gotta go with 3. Despite me hating it almost as much.

Infact, I hate the Resident Evil films very much. Almost as much as I hate Michelle Rodriguez.
    ****in' A

why she keeps getting work with her broad range of surly bitch to surly and moody bitch is nothing short of a miracle.

Undisclosed
    As a movie the first one is the best. If we ignore the movie and just count the first twenty minutes of the second movie than I think its pretty good ( I actually really like everything without the Alice character being to involved and the scene of the police and Umbrella officers fighting the zombie hordes was really cool IMO). Granted the rest of it was not that good but if I could pull those parts and work around them I think it has potential. The third one is what happens when writters get themselves into dead ends.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    the 1st one is tolerable. the second is sh*te. the third is a harmless time waster.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    The only thing that makes these films watchable is Milla Jovovich. Other than her it's an insult to movies, an insult to film-fans and an even bigger insult to Romero and the original games. Complete and utter f**king wank, and if you like them, you are a tasteless waste of human space on this planet...

lol...only kidding...but you do suck, quite a bit...seriously...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Norway
    Milla Jovovich is beautifull but her character should not be the main protagonist, she is to superpowerd. As for which movie I liked the best, its difficult to choose. I guess I will say the first one.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    i'll just stick to the games, thanks anyway.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Favourite Resident Evil movie? That would, of course, be this one:

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/r...il_romero.html

I'm still upset that this version was never made, but Paul Anderson's watered-down, mediocre snoozefest did.

United States
    one of the mods should turn this thread into a poll. just make sure you add the option of "all resident evil movies are horrible".....i predict that would be the top answer

Edit: i've not seen "degeneration" yet, but that one has actual characters from the games, so perhaps it's not a total sh!t-fest...but the other so-called resident evil movies are total crap.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 28-Dec-2008 at 07:26 PM.

United States
    I am a big Fan of the RE games,But the movies let me down i thought they where gonna be like the games..

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Favourite Resident Evil movie? That would, of course, be this one:

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/r...il_romero.html
    I would have love to have seen that version get made.

Super Moderator

UK
    They should have let GAR make the RE movie, he had his son play through the game so he could write the script from there as well! But oh no, you've gotta get the rubbish Paul Anderson (as opposed the awesome PT Anderson) to come along and fist-f*ck it into total naffness.

RE1 was pants, as well as tame.

RE2 was also rubbish, but better than RE1 - but that's hardly a compliment.

RE3 ... least sh*t of all three ... that's as good a review as you'll get for that 'movie' - but, RE3 is also a massive rip-off of Day of the Dead throughout. RE3 makes little sense, they barely bother looking at the buggered out world they're in, the characters are morons who still believe they can survive a zombie bite ... and the zombies are scream like raptors and leap about in jump suits like rubbish kung-fu film baddies.

Ugh, it's so naff ... all of them are.

I've still got REegeneration to watch mind you, but methinks (from what I've heard) that's a lot better than RE1-through-3.

The Resident Evil movie franchise sums up what is wrong with the horror genre today ... and even, the wider arena of youth-targetted movies ... and game-to-movie adaptations.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    I would have love to have seen that version get made.
    With you there, bro!

I have still yet to see RE3, but anything made by Russell Mulcahy must at least be worth watching. Like Highlander, the movie might not exactly be smartly scripted but I will bet it has some great visuals!
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 29-Dec-2008 at 11:09 PM.

United States
    To be fair, I spit on all the RE movies because they did not use GAR as the director. So, I guess I am biased.

Trying to be as impartial as I can be, I liked the games, found the first to be tolerable. Found the second to be a waste of time. The third was also tolerable. But I still cannot get over the idea that they had secured Romero for any of the properties and then turned him loose.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."