Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fidel Castro in Dawn?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I could have sworn that I heard Savini say somewhere that he painted all the zombie's faces white, but the lighting effects in different scenes made them look blue/green.
    True, IIRC it was supposed to be grey, but point taken.

capncnut
    Fidel castro? F**k me, when it comes to Dawn, I've seen Che Guevara, William Burroughs and Jesus H. Christ...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    Looking at this picture again, I'm starting to think it might just be one of the mall janitors that got into the action on that particular night's shooting. I dunno.
    Crap. You may be right. Staring at it makes me think it could easily be a 1-piece jumpsuit. It could also actually be a blue and just look green from the type of film used and/or lighting (as Darth mentions).

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I could have sworn that I heard Savini say somewhere that he painted all the zombie's faces white, but the lighting effects in different scenes made them look blue/green.
    You're right, but I'm pretty positive Savini painted them grey, not white.

Undisclosed
    I think he said grey pancake makeup and he likes to say it as if it's the most stunning revelation in the world and no matter how many times he says it he says it the same way. Believe me, that's all it looks like!

I think Hell of the Living Dead did it ten times better anyway.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    I believe the "wino" that flips over the railing into the fountain was played by Taso Stavrakis, not Tom Savini.
    Quite possibly. I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Doesn't the same bearded guy in military fatigues show up in the freezer scene sans cap?
    Not this guy obviously.

I always figured that before I locked this one up in the freezer, I would've gone through his pockets looking for dope. Heck, he might've have had a OZ of "the funk" on him.

Maybe this one.

You can't see it in this particular capture, but this guy does have a beard. I think, though, that this is a black guy, while the DeCastro zom appears to be a white guy.

-stray-

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post

You can't see it in this particular capture, but this guy does have a beard. I think, though, that this is a black guy, while the DeCastro zom appears to be a white guy.
    Interesting that they're both wearing similar styles of jumpsuit. Maybe they both worked for the same garage as mechanics.

Undisclosed
    I think he is wearing army mechanic coveralls.....the summer version. We were issued winter and summer sets in the Cold War days. I still have a pair. Still it is an interesting observation.

Last edited by MapMan; 10-Apr-2009 at 12:08 PM.