Thread: Tattoo

United States

Tattoo

I need to get inked...help me out, I don't believe in god so crosses are out and i don't feel like putting a woman's name on me. Movie quote was my next idea.
    aside from GAR movies what do you got?
    "Are you asking me if I think you're pretty or if I'll f*** you? Cause you don't have to be pretty for me to f*** you"

United States
    Just do some research of good tattoos to get a better idea. In my opinion, make it something unique and meaningful. It's content should not have anything that may be considered a phase of yours later on in life.

Also, make sure that you are getting it from an artist that you have researched and respect. It not always the best idea to just walk into any old tattoo shop without researching it first. If you have to spend extra money to get something done by a truly talented artist, then do it. It's definitely worth spending some extra cash on a peice of art that will permanently be on your body.
    Last edited by 3pidemiC; 12-Apr-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    You could do a Steve-O and put a big picture of your dorky face on your back. Ooh, tribal symbols, Chinese characters and skulls with flames and blood coming out are good too.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    song lyrics my friend, song lyrics.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartma7546 View Post
    aside from GAR movies what do you got?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Do like one guy at the Bloodstock festival one year - drink yourself insane and get a huge...

...tattoo on your forehead!!

United States
    Like 3pedemic said, make sure it's something that has special meaning to you and will continue to do so even when you're older.
    I did research on tat artists to make sure I would have someone who knew what he was doing and was good at what he did (it is an investment, after all).
    If what you choose is not words, make sure it's big enough, 'so when you're old and wrinkly it won't look like a pile of crap.' (My guy's words. Mine's 4 inches high as a result).
    Good luck!

Scotland
    Design your own, make it unique.

Tribal tattos and Chinese characters are tacky and overdone, unless your Celtic or Chinese that is

I'm sure I posted mine ages ago, it was a doodle I did in College. I drew a random blob and added many horns to it, quite effectve. Kind of looks Lovecraftian.

If I can I will post it again.

United States
    I would say, tell the artist what you want and let the artist create his or her own vision. If they are a talented artist, then they should be able to come up with something that fits what you requested.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Do like one guy at the Bloodstock festival one year - drink yourself insane and get a huge...

...tattoo on your forehead!!

All hail the metal kings!!!

Sweden
    I'd also say to take something meaningful to you. Whether it's a quote, a flesheating zombie (duuude, how awesome wouldn't it be to have a miniature zombie that looks like it's eating your flesh? ) or something else.

As the nerd I am, I'll be tattooing "To Zanarkand" on my ankle whenever I have the money. *snort*

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by gallowisgod View Post
    I'd also say to take something meaningful to you. Whether it's a quote, a flesheating zombie (duuude, how awesome wouldn't it be to have a miniature zombie that looks like it's eating your flesh? ) or something else.
    Indeed- you're less likely to get bored with something that has personal significance than something that just looks nice, even if it's something that other people might find a bit cheesy/ weird.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Undisclosed
    I was thinking of getting my current avatar done as a tat.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I want to draw some fabulous quotes on my neck. At last i draw the tattoo on my arm and now i want to try something new. Give me a some advice for it.