Thread: Anyone here smoke shisha?

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

Anyone here smoke shisha?

My girlfriend got me into smoking from a hookah (I have never smoked in my life) and I gotta admit.... it was better than i though..

Anyone else smoke shisha and if so, what is your favourite flavour? Mine is Nakhla Mixed Fruit.

and if u have no idea what i'm talking about.... (and that is the pipe i have)

United States
    I've gone to a hookuh cafe a few times with some friends, I couldnt believe the smoke wasnt harsh at all, I didn't even know flavored tobacco came in so many flavors. High school kids have really taken to this here, its like the new fad

United States
    This has become very popular in Los Angeles, and there are a number of hookah bars where trendy folks sit around and puff away, though I remember the days way back when you could only find this at select middle-eastern or russian cafes in town (my favorite back in the day was the apple flavored tobacco, but the apricot was nice too)

Nowdays, the ambiance of these places is not as fun as I remembered it to be due to the trendy folks that frequent these places. These fools tend to glom onto anything that they percieve as "hip" and then summarily ruin it for everyone else. I hope that sometime soon they get bored and move onto the next "hip" thing, because I kind of miss the entire ritual - sitting with a nice shot of turkish coffee and relaxing with a hookah in the early evening was really fun before all these appletini/mtv drones invaded the turf.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

capncnut
    I only eat shish, I don't smoke it.

Super Moderator

United States
    I've used water pipes before, but never been to a shisha/hookah bar. I don't really blame people for taking advantage of a fad to try something new, though, but I understand how it can be a bit off putting, I guess.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it, I do like the idea of a mild, enjoyable smoke. I haven't had anything with smoke that was easy on the senses since my last really good cigar and I'm a pussy when it comes to cigar flavors (I like 'em light).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany