Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twilight - A DjfunkmasterG Review

capncnut
    Actually, I watched Lords Of Dogtown tonight (for the umpteenth time) and I have come to the conclusion that it is Heath Ledger's best performace by miles. F**k all this 'Hollywood' Joker dogshit, has anyone here seen Skip Engblom for real? Heath is BANG ON man. It's really is quite incredible.

Name one moment in the vastly overrated The Dark Knight that compares to Heath's 'Maggie May' rendition in Lords. Nothing touches it, end of.
    Last edited by capncnut; 25-Apr-2009 at 07:16 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Actually, I watched Lords Of Dogtown tonight (for the umpteenth time) and I have come to the conclusion that it is Heath Ledger's best performace by miles. F**k all this 'Hollywood' Joker dogshit, has anyone here seen Skip Engblom for real? Heath is BANG ON man. It's really is quite incredible.

Name one moment in the vastly overrated The Dark Knight that compares to Heath's 'Maggie May' rendition in Lords. Nothing touches it, end of.
    When I first saw Lords of Dogtown (having already seen Dogtown & Z-Boys), I was mighty impressed by Ledger's performance, which is indeed spot on.

At the time I was like "wait ... that's the dude from that 10 Things movie!" and was thoroughly shocked.

His Joker still kicks a million arses though, for me.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    When I first saw Lords of Dogtown (having already seen Dogtown & Z-Boys), I was mighty impressed by Ledger's performance, which is indeed spot on.

At the time I was like "wait ... that's the dude from that 10 Things movie!" and was thoroughly shocked.

His Joker still kicks a million arses though, for me.
    I like Heath's portrayal in TDK, but without Heath TDK would have been a flop. His performance in Lords of Dogtown was short, he didn't get anough screentime for me to really make any assessment.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I like Heath's portrayal in TDK, but without Heath TDK would have been a flop. His performance in Lords of Dogtown was short, he didn't get anough screentime for me to really make any assessment.
    Huh? He's one of the lead players. He's practically in every scene.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Huh? He's one of the lead players. He's practically in every scene.
    No way, they didn't focus on him nearly enough, he wasn't even top billed.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    i read all of the books and saw the movies, i thought the books were pretty good and the movie was good as well. But i still cant believe how crazy twilight it is right now. i mean i see it everywhere i go.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowPeople View Post
    But i still cant believe how crazy twilight it is right now. i mean i see it everywhere i go.
    Never underestimate the spending power of teenage girls. Exhibit A: "Titanic". Or the spending power of anything accessible to all age ranges in general. Exhibit B: "Harry Potter".

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Gave it a watch last night. Not too bad, but not great. As DJ said....it's worth at least one viewing.

There are a few cool aspects of it, but then it get's bogged down a bit with the love story. Sometimes it felt forced.

Oh yeah....they changed up the vampire rules. No longer does the sun kill them, it makes them look:

The ending was also a bit rushed, I felt. I know that there's a sequel coming, but a certain character is pretty much dumped about 3/4 of the way through the film and then pops back up before the credits...
    Last edited by bassman; 07-May-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So you finally caved, eh bassman?

only took 3 weeks.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!